Great Start to the Trip (2)

I've woke up in a different room to the one I remember; it wasn't mine, but I knew exactly who's it was. The neatness of the room, the only thing that is hung on the wall, is the picture I drew of him the first time we met. I took the opportunity of the alone time to plan out how I was going to break the news. I obviously have to tell Jace eventually, but we have a trip to Alicante next week and I don't know how he will react to this, I know for a fact that he definitely won't let me go if he knew I was pregnant. It didn't take much deciding to know that I am not telling him till we get back from our trip, it's important we go, and I don't know how accepting he will be about this- after all, we're only 18, and it's only been a year since we started dating. That just means I have to keep it a secret for just under three weeks; I can do that. Jace comes into the room seconds later, "How're you feeling? They think you have a bug, but they've cleared you to go to Alicante. We are not going to let this ruin our trip." I feel like I can let out a breath I didn't know I was holding; they didn't tell him. Jace insists that I stay in bed for the rest of the day to make sure that I am fully recovered in three days for our trip. Half way through the day, Izzy comes and keeps me company and we plan what we are going to do when we get to Alicante, she's being secretive about something, but I can hardly say something, I'm being secretive too.

I feel a lot better lately; I've been reading books about pregnancy and have had another check up by the nurse, alone this time, to see what I should, and should not be doing or eating. The list is a lot longer than I anticipated and I realise that hiding my pregnancy for the next two weeks may be a lot harder than I expected. I haven't experienced any symptoms since the day I found out I was having a little baby, but I did read that not all pregnancies experience morning sickness so hopefully I might be falling into that category. Today is the day we are leaving for Alicante and I cannot wait, I haven't been back since the war and now I can finally enjoy it, we have one work commitment to do at the consul, but other than that, Jace has planned to take me around Alicante and show me all the sights. I'm excited, I have decided to put all the baby stuff behind me and enjoy my trip as a none pregnant, normal 18-year-old.

I get all my bags packed and head to the portal, we have clearance to go straight to the Lightwood family home so I don't have to worry about going through the security at the other side, or have a flashback of the last time I travelled to Alicante, I ended up in the lake. I have been through portals many times since I became a Shadowhunter, but this time is different, I get an overwhelming feeling of nausea going through, I don't know whether it is the motion, or the smell, but I can tell this isn't going to end well. I arrive in the Lightwood home with Jace and there's only one thing on my mind, I'm going to be sick. I run straight to the downstairs toilet and deposit the contents of my stomach, Jace is right behind me rubbing my back and holding my hair, he is muttering something incomprehensible. Once I'm finished, I sit on the floor whilst he goes and get me some water, he comes back, and he hugs me. I suddenly feel an overwhelming urge to cry for no reason. So far, this trip had been a disaster, and I've only been here for 10 minutes. So much for forgetting about the baby.