The Met (14)

"Wards are up around the institute, everyone is on their marks, skew the lines Iz, show them Clary." I'm sat in the lab on the sofa whilst Izzy and Jace talk business. I'm not allowed out of the institute, or out of Jace's sight for that matter, whilst everyone is out saving me, us. It pains me that I have to stay home but I know it is the best for everyone; so instead, I have to sit here and listen to people talking about me like I am not there.
"Still no sign of them. Maybe Clary was wrong and it wasn't her they were after." I roll my eyes, this is pretty much all I've heard for the past hour- everyone here has such high hopes in me,
"Keep your post, it's not a coincidence." Jace looks at me and see's my frustration, "Babe, give it time, I believe you." He comes and kisses me on my forehead and goes straight back to the screen.
"Jace, look at this. Something has changed on the lines, Alec, can you see anything?"
"Not yet Iz- Wait, something is. Jesus Jace-" The line goes dead for a second
"Alec? Alec what's happening?" I got up and went to stand closer to the screen, its light up like a Christmas tree.
"What do these lights mean?"
"All theses lights Clary, are demons." There is thousands of them, all around New York. "Alec, Alec can you hear me?" The radios are filled with sounds of Seraph blades plunging into demons and grunts from all my friends at the institute. I feel helpless, they're fighting for me and my heart rate starts to feel like it will jump out of my chest, I struggle to catch my breath and stumble backwards,
"This is all my fault. They're after me." I keep muttering to myself,
"Clary? It's not you, you need to breath Clary focus on your breathing." I try so hard to concentrate on what he's telling me but my brain is getting all fuzzy with all sorts of images. People dying; for me. People fighting; for me. Through everything, it's like one thing is standing out of it all, something in my head is blazing through the rest of it and a searing pain erupts. I can hear Jace and Izzy rushing around me but its like its miles away, the rage is getting clearer and clearer, its a rune. I have never had a vision like this of a rune and I am just hoping it is something important. It starts to fade away along with my headache until it is just a faint throbbing in my head, Jace and Izzy are busy fussing around me and I try to brush them off so I can think. This rune must mean something, and I think I know what. I only have images in times of distress, and it must be something to do with these demons, the vision showed a building, a huge building but I don't know what it is; so I draw it.
"Clary, will you stop drawing the Met art museum and tell me what all that was about."
"I know how to stop it." They both look at me so confused but I am so far in my head that I don't care, "I need to go. Now." I grab my stele and run. Run out of the building with Jace following behind.
"Clary, you can't do this. You know what happened last time, I can't risk losing you again, either of you." He puts his hand on my stomach, it's still flat but we know little dot is in there. "You can't go running off again."
"I'm sorry Jace- but I have to do this. Stay here if you want but I'm staying." I can hear him swear under his breath whilst I run into the stormy night.

My hair is stuck to my face because of the rain, I am shivering because I am only wearing a cami night dress, but I get to the steps of the museum and it's like my brain is buzzing with the energy of the rune, I run straight into the grand hall and I see the room I saw in my head. I grasp my stele trying to keep my hands still from the cold snow outside, and I etch my rune on the floor. I keep going until I see the rune complete and it starts to glow blue, then the floor starts shaking and Jace grabs me and pulls me back away from the room just as white light shoots from the floor into the sky. It creates almost a dome around the sky and then dies almost as instantly as it came. Jace and I just stand in awe as we blink the light out of our eyes, the silence is broken by Jace's cell phone- he lets me out of his arms as he walks away to answer. He looks so happy as he walks back to me, "So?"
"You did it baby, every single demon has disappeared, almost instantly out of thin air. Baby you are a genius." All the stress instantly dissolved from his face and he looks him again, I did it. I saved my baby.