Shadowhunter's Don't Cry (5)

I've spent nearly a full two weeks with no contact with Jace, he is due to come back from Alicante today and I am not prepared for it. I have made two plans, one includes Jace in my babies life, and one doesn't. The only problem is, the longer I go without any form of contact with Jace, the angrier I get at him meaning the more difficult it is going to be to forgive him after what he did. On the plus side, I heard my babies heartbeat the other day when I went to see the nurse at the infirmary and it has changed every way that I look at this whole situation, I have now realised that I will do anything I can for this baby- even if I am on my own.

I hear the portal open meaning that they have arrived back from their trip and I leave the institute, I didn't realise I wasn't ready to see him until now. My heart immediately gets quicker as I run away from my problems, like always. Ii get further down the street before I realise that I have forgotten my stele, I am not going to get much further without it; I use all my strength to go back into the institute. I run straight through the door and successfully make it too my room without seeing anyone, I walk out of my room and the coast looks clear; I run straight towards the door, turn the corner to leave and just my luck, I bump straight into Jace.
"Clary, I-"
"I'm going out." I say without even looking up from my feet, then I side step him and leave straight away.

I walk down the same street as my old house and all the memories come flooding back, I miss my mom, she moved to Australia with Luke after the war and I barely hear from her because of time zones. My life has changed so much since I bumped into Jace in Pandemonium and I wish everything could go back to normal, I want my old life back. I was going to call Simon, but I realised he'll probably be busy with college, since he's a day lighter now, he can live a semi-normal life so him and Izzy are attempting a long-distance relationship. All in all, I am alone, walking round New York with no money, carrying a baby. Right on cue, my stomach rumbles and I am starving, which is great, I have no money so the only option would be to go home, but then again, I don't want to bump into Jace and face how awkward the encounter was all over again.

I reach breaking point and ring Izzy, she agrees to meet me at a café downtown and she's bringing my purse which is great, she knows about the argument with Jace but not the reason, and I can't do this alone, so I made the decision to tell her.
"Hey Girl, how you been? You ready to forgive my stupid brother for whatever he did? By the way, what exactly did he do to make you so angry?" I can't think of any better way to tell her, so I blurt it out... again,
"I told him I was pregnant, and he told me I was stupid and walked out."
"He what?? You're what?? Wait, this is too much, slow down. You're pregnant, I'm having a little niece?" I smile that finally someone is happy for me,
"Or nephew Izzy, but yes. I'm only early so you can't tell anyone, please Izzy. He walked out because I waited to tell him. I don't know what to do." A little tear escapes my eye and I quickly wipe it away, Shadowhunter's don't cry. We talk about what I can do about my baby, I play Izzy the tape of little babies heartbeat and she cries, I feel so much better now I have someone to share this with that is actually excited. We have some food and head back to the institute.