That's Great News... Right? (3)

There's a knock on the door and I woke me up from the nap I was having, it was Jace checking up on me, again. "Are you sure you're ok Clary?"
"Yes babe, I ate too close to using the portal and you know I get seasick that's all. I'm just so tired. So, what's our plan today then?"
"Well, you're going to stay in bed, and I'm going to go to a meeting with the consul." Like hell that's happening; I immediately ignore everything he just said to me and began to get ready for to meeting, I dressed in an outfit the black outfit that Izzy and I picked out, it makes me look the perfect ratio of sexy and Shadowhunter. I didn't even have time to turn around fully before Jace pushes me against a wall and kisses me with so much passion that my legs feel like they could give way any minute. He begins to take off my jacket and is pulling my top off over my head when Alec storms into the room without knocking,
"JESUS GUYS, can you not. We have places to be, you're like animals." I blush and pull my jacket back on to leave the room and immediately fill with butterflies, I haven't been to the consul since the war and I can feel the nerves settle in my stomach.

Once a year, they hold a meeting to discuss what has been going on in the past year and what the new year is going to bring. It's mainly just to discuss Downworlder business and institute reports. This year we're discussing a change to the head of the institute, Alec is stepping down to spend more time with Magnus since they nearly lost each other so there's a vote at the meeting today to find choose who's going to take his place. When the meeting finally starts, the whole room goes quiet, everyone is listening intently as the consul explains the new peace keeping between Downworlders and Shadowhunter's, but I can't focus on anything she is saying, all I can focus on is the sudden nausea that has washed over me. I slouch down and put my head between my knees, Jace is trying to talk to me but I shake him off. I close my eyes and take slow breaths to try and ease the feeling in my stomach.

I must have fallen asleep because, I was awoken by an eruption of applause and the sound of cheers, I lift my head up to see what had happened and Jace was walking to the front of the room, now I'm even more confused. I turn to Izzy and Alec and they have the biggest smile plastered on their face, "What's going on? What did I miss?"
"He did it Clary; Jace is the new head of the institute. It's been announced just now, were you asleep or something?" the chorus of cheers die down and Jace makes his speech,
"I am honoured, thank you to the people who thought I will do a good enough job to run this, and also the biggest thank you too my family, Izzy, Alec, Magnus, and most of all Clary, you have always stood by me no matter how crazy my ideas are. Thank you." I run up too him as he's walking back to his seat and he picks me up in his arms, the nausea is forgotten because of the excitement. There is a collection of awes being murmurs across the room as he carries me out of the hall.

I have so many feelings right now, this changes everything.