Biggest Fears (7)

It's a baby. A small, sleeping baby just laid there in the middle of the room, I start walking to wards it to pick it up, but Alec pulls me back,
"Alec, look at her, she's tiny you can't just leave her alone like this."
"It's a greater demon, it prays on your biggest fears, don't step any closer." It was too late, I was distracted for a second, enough time for the demon to turn, it moves so quickly that, even with my agility rune, I am not quick enough to avoid its tail, I get a blow to the side of my face, enough to knock me back. All my thoughts go to my baby and I just freeze, before I know it, it's coming for me again, I don't have time to think before Alec pulls me out of its main firing line. "What the hell are you doing Clary, you've been taught to fight don't just stand there." I shake my head, to save my baby I have to save myself, all the training comes flooding back and my body fills with adrenaline. A faint outline of a rune pops up in my vision and without thinking, I pull out my stele and trace the rune on the demon. Bright light erupts for it and Alec steps back as the demon starts to convulse on the floor, I did it, my first proper mission and I killed a demon. The demon eventually stills on the floor and I walk over to Alec, "you did it Clary, well done." He pulls me into the biggest hug, Alec never hugs me, "I'll go get your stele then we can go celebrate."
"I've got it it's okay." I walk past the demon to get my stele,
"Clary watch the tail!"

The demon must have some power left in it and the tail whips round, I manage to dodge the full blow but the end whips me, knocking the air out of me. My first thought is my baby, I have put so many runes on to protect myself that I should be safe, but what if it's not enough? "Are you okay?" I double over to try and catch my breath, shaking my head, I don't feel any pain in my stomach apart from being winded so hopefully it was a lucky escape. I manage to catch my breath slightly as Alec holds me up, he mutters something about not being able to walk back to the institute and creates a portal.

We get back to the institute and I feel a little uneasy, probably the adrenaline wearing off, I walk to my room, to get ready for Alec's party, Alec drew an iratze on me but I am not convinced that it would help both me and the baby so I fire message the nurse and she says she'll take a look at me after the party and assures me that accidents happen and the amount of runes I used, should be ok; I feel a lot more relaxed. 

By the time the party comes around, I really don't feel well, I have a constant feeling of nausea which I have been trying to get rid of since we got back but I can't, and I also have a strange feeling in my stomach. Izzy comes around the corner and knocks me out of my revenue, "Clary, I heard about your mission, well done! You did so well, especially in your condition." She whispers too me.
"Thanks, Iz." I try to sound as normal as I can with the pain intensifying in my abdomen.
"Are you ok? You look like crap." I tell her I'm fine and that it's just morning sickness, but she doesn't look too reassured, "Well if you're sure... I think you should talk to Jace, both of you are moping around all day, avoiding each other, and I'm not sure you realise, but you're pregnant with his child."
"Don't you think I know that! He's the one that walked out on me. It's not my responsibility to fix this. It's his." Then I storm off into a quieter room.