Secretive (10)

It has been a week since I got out of the infirmary, and apart from suffering with severe morning sickness, I feel so much happier. Jace and I are in a much better place in the relationship and I feel like he is finally managing to get his head around what is happening with the baby, even though he occasionally goes into a fit of panic. I can't blame him really, being head of the institute, and now this, he has so much going on right now. It doesn't help that we've had another outbreak of unrecognised demons around so apart from when he comes to bed, we never see each other, he's just so busy all the time. Unlike me; I've been in bed all day, and pretty much everyday since I got out of the hospital, he doesn't let me do anything apart from sleep, eat and run to the toilet to throw up at least 10 times a day. We started making plans for what we will do when the baby comes and we have decided that we will still live in the institute; since Jace is the head, it means that he will be able to spend as much time with us as possible if we live on the doorstep. We have decided we are going to corner off a section and make into a home so we still have our own privacy without everyone being there and I have drawn to all the plans, its pretty much the only thing that I can do without feeling sick, or dizzy, or tired. 

I am bored of lying in bed all day doing nothing so I decided to go down to the kitchen to try and find someone to talk to, I am pretty sure, apart from Jace, I haven't spoken to anyone since the day that I got back to the institute, Izzy went too Alicante for some reason, that no-one is telling me, and although we do talk on the phone, it just isn't the same. And as for Alec, he moved out with Magnus so he is pretty much MIA unless something important goes down in the shadow world. 

I walk through to the kitchen and I can hear a soft murmur behind the door and walk closer to try and hear what they're saying- "I don't care, I don't want Clary to know anything about this; whatever the costs, she must not know that-" 

"Clary? What are you doing?" I heard a muffled "Shit!" Come from who I can only presume is Jace, the door opens and he appears looking stressed.
"Clary, why are you out of bed?"
"Cut the crap Jace, what are you not telling me? Why are you being so secretive?"
"Do you really want me to tell you? Well, show you?" He's got a smug look on his face and it makes me want to slap him, "follow me."

Jace starts to lead me by the arm, he's weaving me through corridors so fast its making my head spin,
"Jace, you need to slow down or I will vomit on you." He chuckles and I start to get more annoyed, what isn't he telling me? "Just tell me what is happening, you're annoying me." He starts to pull me up the winding stairs to the greenhouse and I am so confused; he stops at a blanket, and a basket and a present, and I realise, years ago, on my birthday, this is where he brought me, right next to this bush, this is where he kissed me for the first time. The smell, the glowing flowers, it is all coming back to me. "Happy anniversary Clary. I love you, and I love our little blip. I love everything about you, your beauty, your stubbornness, everything." I didn't realise I was crying until he wipes a tear from my eye,
"Jace-" I was speechless, "I- I forgot. With everything that has been happening I forgot. I'm so sorry. I had a plan, I was going to take you away. I-" I start rabbling on and on until Jace places his finger on my lips... and gets down on one knee.
"Clary, will you marry me?"