Chapter 8

Y/N POV

After a little while of looking through the pile of newspapers, we finally found one with a full date.

April 1st, 2019.

This meant that whatever happened, happened on April 1st or around that time.

"This could really help us later on," I said while clutching the paper.

"Yeah, if we ever travel back, we will know how much time we have to stop it." Five replied with excitement.

"Now we have to find out what caused this apocalypse thing and we have to figure out how to travel back."

This seemed easier than it really was. I never knew how long this was actually gonna take.

"We've been looking for a while. You wanna take another break for like five minutes?" Five asked while rubbing his eyes from tiredness.

"Yeah, sure," I said and stretched my arms.

We spent a little bit just talking about what we will do to figure out how to put a stop to the apocalypse and some other random things.

"So, my equation is coming along. If I can just complete it then we will be one step closer."

"Yeah, but I dont know how we are going to figure out who did all of this. It's hard to find evidence with all the ruins everywhere." I sighed and looked down at my hands.

My eyes wandered to my wrist and I stared at the tattoo I had. The tattoo all of my siblings had. Well, except for Vanya since she's powerless. It had the symbol for the academy on it. An umbrella with a circle around it.

I thought back to the day that we all got these tattoos. How miserable it was. It was the first time I felt something really painful.

"Y/N?" I heard Five say.

"Oh, sorry," I jolted up from surprise. "Just spaced out."

"What's wrong?" He asked with concern on his face.

"Oh, nothing. I just saw the tattoo and started thinking about that day we got them."

"Oh," he replied, a look of sadness washed over him. "Yeah, that wasnt a good day." He looked down at the symbol on his wrist as well.

Flashback

"Riiiiiing" I heard a bell from downstairs. Five and I had been playing a game of chess.

"What?" I asked in confusion. It wasnt to me for dinner. It was only 2:00 pm. "It's not even time for dinner."

"I don't know, but we should probably get down there before we get yelled at," he sighed and stood up from the floor.

I quickly put the chess pieces in the box and placed the board in there as well. Five waited in the doorframe for me. After, I got the things put away, I stood up and well headed downstairs.

We were the last ones to get down there. All the others looked just as confused.

"Grace," I whispered. "What's going on?"

"Your father has arranged for-" she was cut off by Dad coughing to get our attention.

"Number Five! Number Eight! What took you so long? You know that when you here that bell, you must immediately come downstairs! There could have been an emergency mission!"

"Sorry," I said.

"We weren't goofing off. We were just simply putting away a board game. Is there anything wrong with keeping tidy?" Five asked in a daring tone.