Chapter 10

3rd POV

After two weeks of wondering where Five and Y/N were, Klaus, Vanya, and Ben had made no progress in finding out where they might have gone.

"We're just not gonna find anything Klaus," Ben said in defeat, after discussing whether or not anybody might have clues to finding them. " Nothing was different with them leading up to their disappearance."

"Well, we just need to think harder. Maybe they might have left something behind in their rooms that might help or, I don't know. Let's go look." Klaus replied trying to sound optimistic.

Klaus headed towards the threshold of his door, and Vanya followed. He started to walk out but then stopped and turned around. Ben remained sitting on the foot of the bed, a saddened expression on his face.

"Aren't you coming?" Klaus asked.

"Klaus, I don't think we're going to find them." Ben said with a look of guilt.

"What, what do you mean?" 

"Klaus, we spent day and night trying to find where they are. And, we haven't found anything."

"Yes we have. We found out that- well, um," Klaus stuttered in defense.

"Exactly."

"Well, we know that they aren't dead."

Ben sighed. "But do you have any idea where they are?"

"Well, no but-"

"See, the whole point of us forming this group thing was to find out where they are. And we haven't found anything. Nothing at all. We've wasted two weeks on nothing."

"So your just giving up?"

"No, but I'm just saying we need to be real here. Do you really think we have the ability to find them? We're only thirteen. It's been over two months since they've vanished. Nothing has been heard or seen of them."

"But, that's what we're trying to do. If you would just give it some time then maybe we could find something." Klaus pleaded.

Ben furrowed his eyebrows in deep thought. He still looked guilty. He didn't want to give up on finding them, but it just seemed impossible. "Just come back to me when you guys find any evidence. I'm not going to sit here and let this goose chase go on. We haven't found an ounce of evidence or clues. If you guys find anything, you know where to find me." And with that, he stood up and walked right passed Klaus and Vanya to his room.

Klaus sighed, sat down, and buried his hands in his face. Vanya sat next to him and patted his back. 

Another person had lost hope.

_______

Y/N POV (Another month later)

We had been in the apocalypse for a long time. I didn't know exactly how long, since there was not a clock in sight, but a really long time. I tried playing it off everyday like I wasn't bothered that much. Like I thought we were making good progress. I mean, we were making good progress, but the homesickness was starting to set in.

The same thing happened every single day. We would work to find out how to fix the apocalypse the majority of the day, with breaks in between. For meals we would search for stuff to eat, and when the Sun started to set, we would stop for the day. Sit down, and just talk. Talk about lots of things. Things to get our mind off of the fact that our family might be gone forever. Things to get our mind of the fact that we might never get back home. But, we weren't going to lose hope. I wouldn't let that happen. 

But, at times I wanted to talk about everything. We would always just talk about anything but what was going on. Or if we talked about the apocalypse situation, then we would just talk about the progress being made in finding clues. We just suppressed our emotions.