Chapter 19

3rd POV

They were constantly being watched. In fact, everyone was. Privacy wasn't really a thing there. You couldn't have a conversation with another person in the office without someone overhearing. Especially if you were Five and Y/N Hargreeves. For them it was like they had nosy security guards with them, that didn't provide any security. Well, they didn't have guards with them. But everywhere they went, someone was there to listen. To listen to general conversation. To listen to stories from the past. To listen to there escape plan.

The Duo had been working at the Commission for a few years now. Not five yet, but a few. It was anything but wonderful. The organization mainly relied on them for fifty percent of the missions because they were the only ones with powers. So, it wasn't a walk in the park.

_______

Y/N woke up at 6:30 AM sharp. She got in her uniform, brushed her teeth, combed her hair, and added to her to-do list.

TO-DO

Leave this hellhole.

She started her to-do list as a joke. This had been the only thing on the list since the first month of working. You'll soon know why, but that can wait till later.

With a frown, she walked out of her dorm and went to meet with Five. They did this every morning. Met in the workers' lounge where the coffee was, kissed, and prepared for a depressing day.

"Morning," said Five, giving her a kiss on the cheek. They went and got breakfast in the cafeteria like thingy. Not even I, the narrator, knows what it's called.

After eating, they went straight to their office. Not even Five minutes went by and they were already assigned a new mission.

When they saw their mission, Y/N's stomach dropped. As did Five's.

They had done some crazy stuff for the Commission. But this one was insane. Something they also learned was to not fight with the organization, though. By organization, I mean the Handler. They could take your life in one minute. And the Duo was determined to get back to their family and stop the apocalypse.

In other words, they had to go with the flow.

They had to get ready fast because they had to travel in fifteen minutes.

Shortly, they got their things together. They embraced for the sad journey that lay ahead. Y/N went to pull away put Five pulled her back in.

"We're leaving today," he whispered.

It took a second for her to register what he just said. "What?"

"The equation is finished." His face showed excitement, in a subtle way. Being gone from the real world changed their emotions so much that they couldn't reach a full level of positivity.

When Y/N heard the news, she about wanted to cry. After forty five years of being trapped in a world you don't recognize, that longing for home builds up.

No words were spoken. Y/N pulled him into a tighter hug and rested her head on his shoulder. (Author note: PUT YOUR HEAD ON MY SHOULDER!!🎵🎵. Sorry back to the story hehe.) Five smiled a kissed the top of her head.

A watch went off on Y/N's wrist. She lifted up her head and wiped her nose. "We gotta go."

_______

Vanya POV

Dad died.

It came as quite a shock. I thought the guy was gonna live forever.

He wasn't the best. But he had his moments, I think.

I got a call today and I'm heading over to the academy right now.

It's gonna be weird seeing everyone.

Seeing that house.

Not a pleasant place to be.

A place of exclusion and neglect.

Can't wait.

_______

Y/N POV

We had to kill someone very important. Or maybe not.

We stood behind the bushes around the block. The block where terror was about to rise. Five held a gun. I was there in case we didn't accomplish the task during the first try.

The crowd cheered as the car rolled around. Five aimed the weapon to lead on our bosses. I watched anxiously.

After a minute of waiting, Five dropped the gun. He gave me a long kiss and grabbed my hand.

He clenched his fist like what people do when there angry. He concentrated. I gripped his other hand firmly.

Blue light surrounded us. I was excited. Ecstatic. Relieved.

I saw five figures in the blue light, standing outside and looking at us.

"Klaus? Vanya?"

But then something happened.....

POP! A loud sound boomed in my ears. I threw my hands up in fear. Then my other worst fear came true.

One minute Five was there. Next, he was gone.

Nowhere to be found. Screams filled my ears. Crying from the crowd.

The symptoms happened again. Cold sweats. Heart racing. Nausea.

The screams got quieter and quieter and my own thoughts took over my hearing.

"Five?" I spoke.

People were running around me. They were in pain. Mental pain. For today had been a sad day for America. But I couldn't comprehend.

I looked at the shades tree above me. I looked at the green grass I stood on. I spun around. Nowhere.

My vision clouded with lights. My head was pounding.

"FIVE!!"

Everything went black.

Hey guys!! I know this is a short chapter but I am about to work on the next one write after publishing this one. It just seemed like the right place to end this one. A good ol cliffhanger.

I'd like to say that I am determined to finish writing the first season before the second season. This will be the shortest chapter. I wont write anymore short chapters because I know everyone likes long chapters.

I'm sorry that this story has dragged a few times. I've worried about it going to fast but I shouldn't be writing the story THIS slow. Again, sorry and I promise things are going to get interesting.

Love u!!!!

Question

Are you guys excited for season 2????

Uhhhhhhh, YEEESSSSS