Chapter 9

Klaus POV

I had avoided Dad as much as possible for the last few days. Ever since the whole blow up at dinner, i can't even look at him. How could he not want to address the fact that their gone. They could be dead and he hasn't tried looking for them.

That's when it hit me. How could I have been so stupid! I can use my powers to find out if they're alive or not. If I'm able to conjure them, then that means they're dead. I'm pretty good at controlling my power now, so it should be easy to find out.

I was laying in bed looking up at the ceiling when this thought hit me. I shot up and stood on the hardwood floor.

I started pacing around for a few seconds before I stopped and concentrated. My eyes closed and I focused. After a few seconds I opened my eyes.

No one.

Everything was still the same.

This came as a big relief. But maybe I didn't concentrate long enough. I tried again.

Still, no one.

This went on for at least 30 minutes. Trying over and over again. I even conjured other people just to make sure I could still control my power. I finally concluded....

There alive.

There alive! Excitement washed over me. I finally had hope again. I have to tell them.

I ran out of my room to Vanya's. I didn't even knock before slamming the door open.

"There alive!" I yelled with glee.

"Klaus, can you knock. Wait, what?" she questioned.

"There alive! Five and Y/N!"

"That's impossible. How could they have survived thos long. They're only thirteen."

"No, I know they are! I tried to conjure them! I couldn't do it!"

"Maybe, they're just harder to conjure. They can't be alive."

"No, please just hear me out. I'm pretty good at conjuring people. I tried for half an hour to talk to them. I couldn't do it."

She still looked confused and disbelieving. I sighed. "Never mind. You don't believe me." I said whole walking out of her room.

"Wait," I heard from behind. "I do believe you."

_______

Vanya POV

They couldn't be alive. It's already been two months. They haven't been seen since then.

"No, please just hear me out. I'm pretty good at conjuring people. I tried for half an hour to talk to them. I couldn't do it." Klaus said.

I was still so confused. He said he had tried to conjure them but couldn't do it. I didn't know what to think.

A look of disappointment washed over him after a few seconds. He sighed and said "Never mind. You don't believe me." He turned around and walked towards the door.

"Wait, I do believe you." I said with guilt.

I started to think. Maybe they are alive. Maybe what he was saying was true.

I thought back to the day they left. Five wanted to time travel. Maybe they time traveled somewhere else. Maybe they couldn't get back. What if there is some hope.

"Really," he said turning back around.

"Yes." I said. "Do you remember the day they left?"

"Yeah."