hey guys <3

Hi guys. I've been gone for a LONG time now, and I feel like I do owe everyone of you an explanation in regards to my story. Please read all of it to get my full explanation.

First of all, thank you for 400k reads! I genuinely cannot express how amazing it feels that so many people liked my writing. The love and support I have received over the past 2 years is insane and I am forever grateful. I love everyone of you guys and I want you all to know that you have made me 100x more confident in my writing. <3

But, I'm afraid that this may be the end. I haven't updated in like 8 months, and sadly I may not update again. There are a number of reasons for this, which I'm going to list and I'm not going to sugarcoat anything.

1. School

I know I used this excuse a lot before when it would take me a while to update, but now that I have started highschool, the work load I have is a lot to say the least. I barely have any freetime, and I'm even working a ton on the weekends. Because of COVID, I have been doing virtual learning and it's been extremely tough for me. With so much stress in school, I like to spend my downtime chilling out or doing other hobbies I enjoy more than writing this. In short, Wattpad has been the least of my worries.

2. I'm not as into Umbrella Academy anymore.

 I'll just be honest, when I started writing this story, I was like hyper-obsessed with the show and that's what really motivated me in the beginning. But later on, I started not being as interested as I was. Don't get me wrong, Umbrella Academy is still a very good show, and I would even put it in my top 10, but I'm not OBSESSED with it anymore. For example, they just announced season 3, and I haven't even finished season 2, and that's fine. Because I've found other shows I like a lot more, and that's going to happen in life. Also, writing this story made the show less exciting for me. I would have to sit down and watch the same scene over and over again, just to write a chapter, and it was exhausting. I still want to finish watching the show, but right now I really don't care too much about it. I don't fangirl over it like I used to. Instead I fangirl over Joji (lol).

3. I don't like Aidan Gallagher

FIRST OF ALL! My opinion should not affect yours in any way shape or form. This is just my thoughts on him, but I completely respect other people having different opinions. So, please respect mine.

I don't like Aidan Gallagher for several reasons. Like I said, when I first started this story, I had a HUGE crush on him. I was in love. Ew, I can't believe I said that. But, as time went on I started to like him less and less. After seeing how he interacts with other people, including his fans, on social media, I really don't like his attitude. He comes off very shallow and arrogant to me. He tries to act like this big-headed serious person in my eyes, and I just don't really vibe with that, ya know? After seeing how he interacts with fans (you know like when he said one of his fans was using him for clout when they just changed their account to a multi-fandom account) I really don't like how he is. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love how he advocates for fixing climate change and I love his activism as a whole. That's initially why I followed him. But his behavior made me really dislike him. I unfollowed him a while ago. 

So, I know some of you are probably thinking, "But Aidan is not the same person as Five. He just plays the character." I know this. Trust me, I think Five's personality is way better. But I initially liked Five's character because I thought he was cute. I thought Aidan was cute. But now, I don't find Aidan very cute at all. He hasn't ruined the character for me, though. I still love Five. But Aidan's personality and actions have really made it weird for me to write. 

Again, this is just MY opinion. If you still want to support Aidan, then go for it. Do what you want to do. But, please respect my thoughts. My opinion should not change yours.

4. Moving On

Listen yall, I just started highschool and I'm so ready to move onto something bigger. I don't want to be stuck writing fanfiction in highschool (not shaming anyone who does, it's just not for me anymore). I do have a life outside Wattpad, although I haven't been able to do much because of COVID. I'm currently virtual learning, being an active member in student council, and I've been devoting my time to other things I enjoy. I have felt so much guilt over the past 8 months for not writing, because I felt like I was letting someone down. I finally accepted the fact that I don't really enjoy writing this particular story anymore. There were times that I could have written this summer, but I wanted to do other things. And that's okay. It took me a while to realize that.

I'm ready for something bigger. I want to make music. I want to write other things, like a script or a novel. I've always loved writing, and now it's time to move on.

_______

There you go. I hope you guys understand why I want to stop. I'm not saying that this is 100% the end, but it most likely is.

Words cannot express how much I love the story I have created. I adore this story and I always will. I'm extremely proud of what I have accomplished. This story was a great way for me to develop my writing skills and I have learned so much from you guys on how to improve my ability.

I, again want to thank each and every one of you guys for the love you have expressed in the past 2 years. Right now, I'm virtually booping your noses. Even the people who complained that I didn't use swear words and the people who were mad that I had the reader where shorts instead of a skirt. No matter how much you guys were annoyed, I still love yooooooooooo xxx. 

You guys have been the sweetest ever. When I started writing this story, I was dealing with a lot of self esteem issues, but you guys have helped more be more confident as a person. And I'm not just saying that. I feel so much better about myself and your sweet comments are part of what helped.

Lastly, goodbye my darlings. I love you. I will miss you so much. May we meet again. 

bye loaf <3

(sorry I had to)

Here are some other places you can follow me if you want. You don't have to at all though.

Soundcloud (mediocre stuff, but trying to make cooler things) - grace.mp3 https://soundcloud.com/user-893012428 

Tiktok - grace.is.fresh

Spotify Podcast (with my friend) - The Gunky Skunks Podcast (it's the one with Adam Sandler as the cover)

<3 <3 <3