Chapter 20 - We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals

3rd POV

I could tell you that Y/N was just imagining things. That the previous events were just made up in her head. I could tell you that her and Five safely made it back to the residence of Reginald Hargreeves....together. And like a typical story they easily save the world with the help of their supernatural siblings. 

I am sad to say I cannot tell you this because none of it is true. It didn't happen this way. All because....

This is not a typical story.

_______

Vanya POV

I walked down the busy street passed "Acadia Book Store" on my way home. Making my way further, I noticed a TV in the next window.

A brunette woman sat in the frame with a picture of Dad next to her on the screen. Below read "SIR REGINALD HARGREEVES IS DEAD."

I stared blankly through the glass and at the screen.

"Dad."

_______

3rd POV

Sorry, it's only me again. But there is a reason I am back. The point of view I just showed you has much significance. 

All of the Hargreeves children found out about the death of their father in different places. For instance, on the moon, on a red carpet, while at work because they can travel to different time frames, or perhaps in an ambulance.

But all of them experience the same reaction.

Blank.

_______

Allison POV

"Vanya," I spoke as I heard the front doors open and close. "You're actually here." She turned around toward me as I walked into the entryway. 

"Hey Allison."

"Hey sis." 

It's good to see family for once. I pushed my own away.

We looked at each other for a second before breaking into a hug.

"What's she doing here? You don't belong here after what you did," Diego said walking past, not even looking at her.

"You're seriously gonna do this, today?" I shot back. What she did might have not been the best, but it was the truth. "Way to dress for the occasion by the way." He was wearing his weird black suit he used to fight in, acting like he was all high and mighty. 

He stomped up the stairs, "At least I'm wearing black."

"Maybe he's right," Vanya started to say.

"Forget about him," I interrupted. "I'm glad you're hear."

_______

Vanya POV

I walked into the livingroom, and over to the shleves of books. Curiously, I picked up the copy of my book a gave to Dad and opened to the blank page in front. 

"Dad,

I figured, why not?

V."

"Welcome home Miss Vanya."

I turned around to find Pogo standing behind me, leaning on his cane. He was someone I was truly happy to see. "Pogo." Immediately hugging him.

"So good to see you." He said with a warm smile. I smiled back. "Ah yes, your autobiography." He said looking at the book in my hand.