Chapter 13

Five POV

If you had one question for the universe, what would it be? I know what mine is. What's going on? I imagine same goes for Y/N. I truly don't know what's happening. I don't know what to think. I want to be scared but I know I can't. We need to find out what's going on.

The past events had taken a toll on both of us. I don't think I'll be able to get the image out of my head. The image of Y/N screaming with fear, her hands shooting blue light, the ground around her exploding. I wanted so badly to help her. I tried walking towards her but, the stuff shooting from her hands came towards me and I jumped back just in time.

We tried to play it off like nothing was wrong. Like nothing happened. I know it's not good to just try to forget stuff like that but we really couldn't do anything. We didn't have any clue as to what was happening and why. I had asked Y/N if she wanted to talk but, she said no. I didn't try to object because she had this look in her eye. She made direct eye contact with me, and I knew she really didn't want to. 

We went back to what we were doing before the incident. I worked on my equations and trying to make theories on all the problems we were facing. Y/N would go around and gather things we could probably use or just cool things in general. Every once in a while she would go back to the academy to search for anything useful to help us get back.

Both of us decided on something. We decided on just focusing on getting back home as soon as possible. Instead of worrying about this Commission thing or whatever was going on with Y/N. 

Flashback (3rd POV)

"Okay so I found a couple of books that I think could be useful." Five sat down cross crossed facing Y/N who was attempting to solve a Rubik's cube, but failing. Y/N looked up and opened her mouth to speak but Five interrupted her. "Now I know what your thinking. 'Five we're not gonna be able to find out about any off this stuff,' but I believe these will definitely have some great information."

"Five I-"

"Here you can read through this one called 'Paranormal Powers',"

"Five this is really nice of you but-"

"And I'll read through 'Secret Organizations Throughout History',"

"FIVE!"

His eyes widened and he looked straight at Y/N. "What's wrong? Are you upset?" His look softened and he sat down the books.

"Sorry I yelled." Y/N said. She looked down but what she saw scared her. A few little blue strings of electricity danced around her palms. Her eyes widened and her heart started racing. She put her hands behind her back immediately and looked back at Five trying not to make it obvious that she was freaking out.

"No, it's okay. What's wrong?" He put his hand on her shoulder.

"It's just," She glanced behind her shoulder to take a look at her hands. The light was dying down and a feeling off relief passed over her. "I don't really want to worry about what happened a couple days ago or what the Commission is or why Dad was communicating with them."

"Why not?" His faced screwed up in confusion. "Don't you at least want to know what's going on with your hands?"

"Five which is honestly more important? Finding out all of that stuff or getting home to our family?" He thought for a second, then nodded. "Look maybe the weird thing with my hands was one time." She lied. "If we get home we will be able to find all of this out. That needs to be our main priority."

"You're right." He agreed.

"And I miss the academy so much. I may not cry anymore about it and I may not cry whenever I pass by their bodies anymore, but the fact that their still not here will never get easier." She stood up.