Chapter 17

Y/N POV

Fear. Nerves. Cold sweats. Heart beating. (author: stress eating lol jk) Queasy. Thoughts racing in circles. Jumping to crazy conclusions. Body shaking. Uneven breathing. Ears ringing. 

I know what you're thinking. You're rolling your eyes at how over dramatic the last paragraph was and comparing it to other over dramatic Wattpad books you've read before. But it's the only way I can put how I was feeling in those exact moments.  

I sat in a black artificial leather chair, facing a desk with no one sitting at it. Well, no one sitting at it yet. Five sat next to me. We hadn't spoken but a few words since sitting in here for the past ten minutes. It was mainly my fault. Every time I opened my mouth to speak, I thought I was gonna vomit. 

I could tell Five was nervous too. Not near to the extent as I was, but still quite uneasy.

"Jesus, what's taking her so long," he said turning around to look at the shiny framed clock. Minutes passed of pure silence once again. 

tick. tick. tick. tick.

The sounds from the clock were the only sounds that could be heard, besides a few faint noises from people talking downstairs.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

My thoughts were everywhere. My mind everywhere. My heart racing with fear. The clock was getting louder and more irritating.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

I sighed deeply, rubbing my eyes. The ticking was getting louder and it felt like as it went on, I was eventually going to explode. Explode with some type of emotion. I don't know what, but I knew it would be negative.

TICK. TICK. TICK. TICK.

My hands felt really clammy. They went really white too. 

"You, okay?" I heard Fives voice, but it was muffled, even though he was sitting right next to me.

TICK! TICK! TICK! 

The ringing in my ears was getting louder, but the ticking manged to also. I broke out into terrible cold sweats, my legs shining with perspiration. Gross. Little lights started emerging from the edge of my field of vision, eventually taking up almost all of it.

TICK! TICK! TICK! TICKTICKTICKTICKTICK!!!!

My head slowly started to hang low. Body started falling left, towards Five. The ticking went on and on.

"Y/N!" I heard Five's gasp as I was practically leaning on his shoulder now. His voice was muffled even more now.

TICKTICKTICKTICK "creeeaaak."

I jerked my head up at the sudden sound of the door finally opening. The lights started fading away. The ringing in my ears fizzled out. The taps of heels came closer and closer until finally she came around the desk and sat.

Five had his hand on my shoulder to prevent me from falling out of my seat before. I sat up straight in my seat, starting to feel okay again. I shook my head and rubbed my eyes. "I'm fine." I simply stated.

"You didn't look fine. Are you sure you're okay?" He said, rubbing my shoulder, eyebrows knitted together in concern.

"Did I miss something?" She asked, opening up a large file of papers.

"No." I replied, trying to stop the conversation.

Five looked at me confused, and I could tell after years of being around only him, what he was saying. Why aren't you telling the truth? Why are you dismissing stuff? I shook my head, signaling that I didn't want to talk about anything.