Chapter Three: New Life, New School

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter", only my OCS.

A/N: At last, our story begins!

Throughout the last years of Grindelwald's Revolution and World War II, Hogwarts functioned as well as any other magical school would, with students committed to learning magic, some more than others. While some thrived in being powerful wizards and witches, others tried to live quasi-ordinary school lives, avoiding students' mocking words and mean pranks that ranged from his/her hairstyle, quirks, to their blood status.

For Muggle-borns, bullying was an unfortunate occurrence...even more when the victim had barely any self-confidence whatsoever.

Myrtle Elizabeth Warren fitted this description to a "T".

She wanted nothing more than be like her parents, grandparents and her siblings, a desire that stemmed from the discovery of her powers that had severe repercussions on her relationship with her family, culminating on the day that a person wearing strange robes – who introduced himself as "Hogwarts' Professor of Arithmancy, Tertius Weasley" – showed up at her house's doorstep, explaining her abilities were proof she was a witch and that their memories of previous magical incidents had been erased by professionals, including the first one that had happened on the 13th of June of 1937.

To say the family was shocked was an understatement. After the strange person left, her twin scowled at her and never spoke another word to Myrtle until the next day. Myrtle had simply sulked in her "treehouse" – Keane had built it for them – stuffing her head in her favourite book The Hobbit while trying to forget that there was a magical boarding school in Scotland that she had to attend for the next seven years.

Few days before September, the eldest Warren twin and her parents spent a morning in a place called "Diagon-Alley", converting money to wizarding currency in "Gringotts Bank", which she used to buy a wand – apple wood and dragon heartstring core, 9 and half inches, "reasonably pliable", according to Mr. Ollivander - a cauldron, robes, books and a female owl as companion before boarding the Hogwarts Express on the first day of the nine month.

The voyage was so long that she had the opportunity to read some chapters of one of the manuals – Mrs Bagshot's Hogwarts: An History was particularly intriguing – and eating a pumpkin pasty from the trolleys. In mid-journey, she also met a rude girl called Olive Hornby...who instantly teased her for her glasses and the crucifix she was wearing before exchanging giggles with two other "Pure-blood" girls. Despite she had no idea of what the word meant, Myrtle had hazarded a guess that it was something that a witch or a wizard took pride in.

Nevertheless, not fifteen minutes after meeting that trio, Myrtle was storming out of the compartment, one hand dragging her trunk and the other tightly grabbing the small crucifix. After entering inside of an empty compartment, she locked it for good measure and concealed the crucifix under her clothes. She silently cried during the rest of the trip.

In the late afternoon, she arrived at her new school – which was a gigantic castle – and stood in the Great Hall along with the other first years as they watched the Deputy Headmaster calling their names. They would sit on a bench and then, a talking hat would announce their House loud and clear.

She lost her sense of normalcy in seconds; in this world, hats could talk.

Following the Sorting Ceremony that ended up with Myrtle joining Ravenclaw – and much to her dismay, Hornby as well – , a House that prized wisdom and creativity above everything, Myrtle began her classes. Some things were hard to do and others, the opposite.

However, her concentration always dampened when someone whispered nasty things behind her back or stole her materials and clothes. Consequently, she avoided talking to students in general, preferring the solace of places like the library, the "Come-and-Go Room" – who she had found out by mere accident during one of her crisis – the top of the Astronomy Tower and the Clock Tower.

The only exception to this was Minnie. Minerva McGonagall was an older girl who sometimes helped Myrtle with Transfiguration homework. She was also in the Gryffindor's Quidditch Team and played as a Keeper. Like Myrtle, Minnie adored reading, which strenghtened their friendship.

However, this meant Myrtle had no friends of her own age, unlike the rest of her Housemates. But what kind of person would possibly want to be friends with "Moaning Myrtle" or other insulting nicknames that students had made up for her?

"No one," Myrtle muttered out loud from the top of the Clock Tower, clenched fists at her sides and tears falling down her cheeks.

No matter how much she wished, she would never fit in here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------//-----------------------------------------------------Please, review!