Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Sacrifice and the Darkest Possible Future

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter", or "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles". I only own my OC's.

A/N: A bit of foreshadowing...and more clues about the Unspeakable!

Tears were falling down her cheeks and staining the floor as she mourned Myrtle's death, fists shaking with anger, pure anger, at what he had done. Mismatched eyes glared at her smirking enemy, a black notebook that gave off a strange Aura on his hand. "You murdering bastard..."

"It is quite real," Riddle said calmly before pocketing the object. Avery had joined him, her wand held loosely on his right hand. "I needed to make an experiment and Miss Warren proved herself to be quite useful."

"Useful?" She seethed before standing up and setting her magic loose. Standing up, she set her magic loose. "You will pay for this." Mirrors started cracking and simultaneously broke into little pieces as a reflection of her rage, a rage mixed with grief. "You won't succeed, Riddle. Killing innocent people is wrong and one day you will regret it." Her eyes narrowed. "And I swear to you that I will be there to watch your fall!"

Avery laughed, but Riddle's face remained impassive. "Lord Voldemort doesn't have regrets. It's a pathetic sentiment, just like love. Look at the results, Ashlane." The smirk returned. "Your precious Mudblood died because of you. If there is someone to blame for this tragedy, it is you. You made this happen, Heiress of Slytherin."

"Don't call me that name; that was just something made-up to let my guard down. I don't have anything to do with your Ancestor -" she was cut off by Avery, who trained her wand on her chest, a leer on his face.

"Can we kill her now? She knows the whole thing."

The eagerness on the other's voice and Riddle's cold eyes shimmering with something...evil made her swallow thickly. Squaring her shoulders, she adopted a fighting position. Even without a wand, she was quite good in hand-to-hand combat.

"I have a different idea. Avery, hold her."

The blond prepared to do as he was told, but she was faster than him and threw a right hook at his chin. She retrieved her wand, sending him up close to the ceiling with a non-verbal "Volare Acendere" before giving him a roundhouse kick and successfully throwing his body out of the bathroom. If that misogynist ended up with a broken spine or permanently brain dead, she didn't care. He was as guilty of the crime as Riddle was.

She turned her wand on the Prefect and he quickly non-verbally disarmed her. Grabbing both of her wrists, he pushed her into the wall next to the stall, pinning her hands above her head tightly.

"Release me," she demanded, the hatred in her eyes scorching hot. "Once you do, I will strangle you myself to avenge Myrtle's death!"

He smiled at her, a row of shining white teeth that matched those avid-looking eyes that had frequently appeared in her nightmares. "Why would you do such a thing for a girl you never met?"

"No, no, don't erase it, I BEG YOU!"

He released one of her wrists and gripped her chin before beginning to laugh, a cold laugh that made her flinch. "You would beg me, Ashlane? Oh, you poor foolish woman. Did you not learn anything from all those five years? I want you to feel pain, so much pain that you won't even have the strength to stand up. One day in the future you shall wake up all alone with nothing to remember, but the feeling of loss and grief. Not just for the Mudblood." His eyes were glittering as he said these words and Azure swore she had seen a familiar reddish glint in them. "But for every single person that you ever cared for."

"W-what?"

"Starting with the Half-Breed who will be expelled for tonight's events...outside of Hogwarts, he is a very easy target."

Her eyes widened at the implications. No, no, not Ru too!

"Too easy," he told her, drawing out the first syllable as he reached for her face.

"Please, leave him alone..."

"Why so surprised? Children have gone missing in Knockturn Alley before." His thumb caressed her cheek in mock-affection. "What is one more?"

"Don't do anything to him, Riddle. He is no threat to you or the Knights," she pleaded, tears falling from her cheeks. "D-do whatever you want with me...but please, I cannot lose him too...I beg you."

He seemed to ponder this and released her, making her fall on her knees. She lowered her head and focused on her memories with Myrtle. Memories of two very different girls from different worlds who had been brought together by magic. Memories she would lose in the next seconds.

"On principle, I wouldn't care if that half-wit lived or not, but since you asked so politely." The yew wand forced Azure's chin up and she let outa defeated sigh as the tip of the wand was lightly pressed against her forehead."Obliviate."

I am sorry...for not being able to protect you. I love you, Myrtle.

That was her last thought before her eyes closed and her body slumped against the floor.

--------------------------------------------------//------------------------------------------------------

Inside of the Hall of the Prophecies, the spun-glass that had glowed on 13th June of 1937 was once again glowing a soft blue. The letters of the tag now read:

E.A.T. through H.H. to H.R.

T.M.R.

and A.H.A.

The Unspeakable took note of this change and watched the tag's scrawling disappearing and the spun-glass returning to its usual transparent colour.

She knew what this meant; despite the boy had made his choice, the girl...could still follow their Ancestor's path. The Prophecy wanted the girl to win but the choice would always be hers. If she made the wrong choice and followed the Path that serves the Shadow like her counterpart had done this night...

"If that happens, an era of Darkness shall befall this world..." Arista's grim words echoed in the Unspeakable's head.

Striding along the corridors of the Department, the Unspeakable started to recall the last time she dream-walked into her mentor's subconscious: the girl of the Prophecy was now a grown woman. Cold red eyes and silver-white hair – exactly like her Ancestor -, clad in a long revealing black dress with long sleeves, she pointed the Elder Wand at the sky, conjuring an ominous green skull with a snake protruding from its mouth. A snake-like figure – the boy of the Prophecy – with red eyes was watching her with great interest, his yew wand pulsing as both Master and wand felt the dark power that pulled them to her, a former enemy who had become a weapon of the Heir's design...

I did not come to this world to watch its destruction caused by a boy's insane wish for immortality.

No, she had arrived in this world to seek redemption for her past life's errors. As a former creation of a powerful magician who had attempted to bend the rules of time and space by using innocent lives, she knew that seeking immortality never worked.

She did not want to see this world's darkest possible future, a future where there would be no Soulkeeper to protect a Lost Child.

For if the Soulkeeper failed... everything would end.

Please, review!