Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Insidiousness of a Young Dark Lord

Trigger warnings: torture, sexual assault (implied).

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter", "Fantastic Beasts" and "Kuroshitsuji". I only own my OC's.

He unclasped the crucifix from the dead Mudblood's neck and dangled it on his fingers. Pocketing his trophy, he exited the bathroom, quickly reanimating his accomplice's body.

Everything had gone smoothly. His scapegoat would be expelled for the attacks on the Mudbloods – too bad he had promised to not harm the Half-Breed, but he had given his word – Ashlane was no longer a threat and he had created a Horcrux.

Ashlane.

"Legilimency is not to play with, Riddle. Tread carefully; that path led astray too many people who became Dark Wizards...for good intentions."

"That spell doesn't work with me, genius. It never will."

"The real reason why the Unforgivables are called 'dark' is that when they are cast with full malicious intent, the desire to kill, they harm the Soul of the caster. You slowly become a wraith, a parasitic life form, something that leeches off another person's magical power."

"Trying to be something more than human is pure hubris. It is against the Law!"

"I am a Blood-traitor, so what? We are all humans, Riddle. We will all die one day. Having magic doesn't change that."

"Before you do it, you will be expelled, Riddle! I will tell everyone about your 'great plan'!"

"He is a better man than you or those Knights of yours could ever aspire to be. I admire him and I respect him. In his and Aunt Gwen's memory, I swear, right now, that I will not join your 'Dark Order', you megalomaniac twit. That's my final word."

"Killing innocent people is wrong and one day you will regret it."

He had thought of killing that defiant woman first and use her death to create the Horcrux, but he preferred this way; the Mudblood's death had destroyed her from the inside. Look at her now; Obliviated of her so-called "love" she had felt towards a Mudblood. That rage and the hatred in her eyes before they turned into pure fear because she indeed had helped him, the Heir of Slytherin, in his path of true greatness, had been so satisfying...

His diary – that he would make into a weapon very soon – had only been the first step to this path. Herpo had stopped at one but Tom wanted more. However, the book from Ashlane's memory he had found in the Restricted Session only gave information on creating one Horcrux.

There must be a way of creating multiple Horcruxes.

Immediately, a familiar image of a half-bald man with a moustache and a large belly appeared, making him smirk. During one of his parties, there would be no harm in having a friendly talk with the newly-appointed Head of Slytherin House...

That professor adored him. A bit of flattery, politeness, crystallized pineapples and the renowned Potions Master would gladly indulge one of his "privileged" students' curiosity...such an oblivious fool.

"Fake mourning. What a doddle," Avery's voice remarked, his body unseen due to an Invisibility Cloak he had nicked from Charlus Potter. It served him well for constantly bragging about it and leave it in the Quidditch lockers.

What kind of wizard does not ward his locker? Stupid, overly trusting Gryffindor. Potter should have gone to Hufflepuff.

But he also knew that Chaser was too attached to the Cloak; better return it to him as discreetly as possible.