Chapter Thirty-Two: A Bubble Bath on Sunday Morning

A/N: Back to Myrtle's POV. The date is 13th June 1943.

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter". Only my OCs.

Warnings: self-harming (implied) and Myrtle's romantic attraction for Azure.

The first rays of sunlight gradually broke through the feather-like royal blue curtains that partially covered the many windows of the Ravenclaw Fourth Year Girls' Dormitory, its sleeping occupants sometimes changing sides of the bed.

Well, most of them were sleeping; Myrtle had woken up after someone knocked and opened the door. To her surprise, it was Ariadne Clearwater, a fifth-year Prefect, Chaser, and a firm believer in punctuality.

When Myrtle had locked herself inside of her old bathroom's favourite stall to cry and use her quill in an "unsafe way", Clearwater would try to make her go to class because truancy was "completely unacceptable" and she was damaging their House's reputation; Ravenclaws solved their problems with logic and method. They didn't run.

Four years ago, running was her only choice. But now, running was the last thing she wanted to do.

"There's a girl in a bathrobe at the entrance of our common room asking for you," Clearwater explained while tucking a lock of chestnut brown hair behind her ear. "She solved the riddle, but did not place a foot inside and she made herself very clear she won't leave until you go there."

The petite had an idea of this girl's identity. No, it could only be one girl. "Azure?"

The Prefect nodded and hid a yawn. "Just go there and convince her there's a time to be awake and there's a time to sleep. Today is a Sunday, which means 'resting day'. For all of us." Not waiting for Myrtle's answer, Clearwater left the dormitory and closed the door, leaving Myrtle to her thoughts.

Convincing Azurelia Hildagarde Ashlane of doing something the opposite she wants? That is like talking to a wall.

No, I think talking to a wall would be simpler if you know the appropriate spell, she thought wryly as she stretched her arms and tucked her feet in the fluffy rabbit-eared slippers.

"Ashlane is asking for you," Hornby taunted. "Must make you feel very cared for, huh, Moaning Myrtle?" She giggled, almost shrilling-like. "Moaning gloomy Myrtle!"

Myrtle gave her a bland look, smiling inwardly; Hornby's jabs and taunts no longer produced the same effect as before.

The silence that followed was a sign, the sign of her victory over her former bully; a quiet and fearful Olive Hornby was much better than the talkative version.

"Shut up, Hornby," Maura Bones snarled, who was usually well-humoured except when someone woke her up before the right time. Her brown hair with red tips was currently messier than a bird's nest. "Or do you want a repeat of what happened before the holidays? But unlike Ashlane's, my flames will burn you."

Bones was indeed very adept in using Fire-based spells; she had managed to produce a Lacarnum Inflamare in only two weeks.

"I...I am not afraid of traitors like her or you, Bones!"

With a fluid movement, Bones pulled out her wand and placed Hornby under a Body-Bind spell. The remaining girls exchanged brief looks amongst themselves before pulling up their covers.

"Go. Clearwater won't begin her patrols until nine."

"Why?"

"I hated Slytherins," Bones stated. "Until one of them saved a Hufflepuff from drowning during our third year."

Myrtle remembered Minnie and Diggory discussing it. "Elliot Johnson?"

"He is my half-brother." Her eyes widened at the revelation. "Ashlane proved to me that Slytherin is not an unredeemable House."