The Author's Afterword

Thank you for reading the first act of the "Tale of Azure". The second book - "The Prophecy of the Two Heirs" - will be slightly darker than the first and the crossover section will expand to more than just two chapters. The main characters remain the same: Myrtle, Azure and Tom Riddle. We will learn more about Reapers, Amy Benson, Dennis Bishop, the "red-haired Muggle", Soulmates, the witch called Monfay, the Unspeakable, Professor Tranquilflow and Helena Ravenclaw, nicknamed as "The Grey Lady".

Chronologically, the second book begins with Hagrid's school trial. Then, we skip to the year 1944. Like many fanfiction writers, I thought of a Triwizard Tournament story. Therefore, there will be references to the champions and the betting circle created by Eileen Prince, a sickly-looking witch who will be Severus Snape's mother. But the primary plotline is the prophecy concerning Azure and Tom Riddle and the concept of "Soulkeeper" and "Eris' champions". Eris' desire to win the game against the keeper of balance, the Goddess Hecate herself, made her choose "champions". Hecate, as any good opponent, evened the field by choosing "Soulkeepers". Azure is one of them, but she is unaware of it.

In a secondary plotline, the protagonist of Atypical16's one-shot - Tildy Menem - will appear, the same with the protagonists of "Kuroshitsuji". Kuroshitsuji (in English, "Black Butler") is a Japanese manga and anime series that takes place during Victorian Era and whose plot revolves around a boy who makes a contract with a demon, who becomes his new butler. This boy - "Ciel Phantomhive" seeks revenge for what happened to his family - and, according to the newest chapters, he traded places with his twin older brother, the real "Ciel". As the fans have yet to know the other Ciel's name, I went ahead and called him "Cael" to distinguish him from the "Ciel" who has somehow returned from the dead. Plus, it fits with the "sky" theme; "Ciel" sounds like the Italian word for "sky" and "Cael" comes from "Caelum", the Latin word for "sky". His second name - Astre - derives from the fandom's popular opinion that his original birth name was "Astre".

In this series, Cael is trusted by magical organizations such as the International Confederation of Wizards, the Aurors and even non-magical intelligence agencies. Together with his demon butler Sebastian Michaelis, he has participated in the war against Grindelwald and his army. Due to his troubling past, Cael became bitter, vengeful and cold, only showing affection to very few characters such as Azure's great aunt Gwenllian, who he called "Gwen". Most Pure-blood families fear him because of his status as leader of the Aristocrats. The title "King's Watchdog" - because Queen Victoria has passed long before 1944 - gave him green light when dealing with certain criminals - Vinda Rosier and the "Mad Black Twins" - but at the same time, prevented him from settling down with the love of his life.

Anyways, in order to find out more about it, you have to read the sequel "The Prophecy of the Two Heirs", which I will publish here...eventually. Once again, thank you for your support and interest in reading my work.

As a treat, let me give you a sneak peek of the sequel:

"Before I pass the sentence, Ashlane, is there anything you would like to add?"

"It's not stupid. By going to the library, we canfind the source of these memory blanks and who killed you last year."

"I am the Ghost of Ravenclaw Tower. Once upon a time, I was given the name Helena."

And that's it. Until next time!