Chapter Twenty: Behind Bespectacled Blue Eyes

A/N: Thank you very much for your reviews, Micchi-chan. Writing from a villain's perspective is always a nice change. Eris' revelation as the big bad guy behind scenes was probably a bit obvious but I know that I surprised you with the "Vinda Rosier" mask...and the shopkeeper being one of Eris' children.

Vinda Rosier, for those who didn't watch "The Crimes of Grindelwald", is a known follower of Grindelwald who doesn't speak much. She is seen having tea with Queenie and she participates in the rally at the Lestrange Tomb.

In my storyline, Rosier is one of Eris' disguises. She attended Hogwarts and influenced some students who later became part of Grindelwald's Army...but I am getting ahead of myself. More about her will be disclosed in due time.

Trigger warnings: implied sexual assault (Kol Mikaelson, an Original Vampire and also one of Eris's champions), infanticide (traditionalist families), implied past self-harming.

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter", "The Vampire Diaries", "Sherlock Holmes", only my original characters. Now, buckle up, for another chapter is waiting for you!

It had only taken some months for Myrtle to realize that Azure and Myrtle's wandless magic matched; the Slytherin's wandless magic was Air-related, while Myrtle's was Water-related.

This meant their bond was unusually strong, something that also applied when two people shared a Patronus corporeal form. According to Professor Merrythought, Dark Wizards were unable of producing a Patronus because their magic had become too corrupted. For the Auror recruits, mastering the Charm was part of their training; "happy memories" were needed.

A better definition of a "happy memory"– which also reminded Myrtle of how Pixie Dust worked – was an "intense memory". Strong and positive feelings were what the Dementors sought, but as long as the wizard maintained the shield, the creature could never touch his victim and ultimately consume his or her Soul; Dementors would instead feed off the shield's magical energy.

If Azure's was a badger; Myrtle's was just a big ball of light, which was surprisingly advanced for four-year-students. But when it came to spell-casting, Azure was better than Myrtle; her friend's arsenal of spells – and fighting moves – was wide. She had seen Azure duelling older students, Riddle included, albeit that particular duel had been quite fierce, involving the use of constant non-verbal magic.

Professor Flitwick had once said that "intention is the key". It was thanks to that advice that Myrtle would finally be able to cast a Patronus, focusing on the memories of Keane when he patted her head, Grandpa telling them stories, Keane hugging Myrtle after her first owl died and her first meeting with Minnie.

But when she remembered the memories she had shared with Azure, Myrtle always felt something stronger. A special kind of intimacy, especially when her friend began behaving like a boy, no, a gentleman...

One of those memories was when they had danced at the wedding. During two days, she had made new friends and met people who were no longer "alive" in the strict sense of the word.

"So, I finally meet Cuthbert's favourite student...it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Warren."

"I was born in a world of wealth and glitter. Oh, and how glorious it was, to live in Vienna, married to a dashing young noble who I had loved from afar."

"Lord Elijah Mikaelson is an old Vampire. He is quite reasonable but when his family is being threatened, he is like any older brother. He removes the obstacle. He is methodical in his kills."

"Hi, I am Lexi Branson. My full name is Alexia but don't call me that. I am eternally 21. Nice to meet you!"

"I am Stefan Salvatore."