Chapter Twenty-One: The Bridge Between Two Worlds

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter", "Black Butler" and "The Vampire Diaries".

Being a Muggle-raised witch, Myrtle had learned from her pre-school teachers that the world was an extremely prejudiced place. So, when she had unfortunately met witches and wizards who thought highly of themselves because their blood was "pure", she had concluded that this new world was not that different from her own.

But some months inside of a school that did not prevent bullying – dishing out punishments like cleaning trophies or scrubbing cauldrons were hardly punishments in her eyes – had taught her that this world's prejudice ran higher than her own's.

This world is no Neverland. It's a twisted Wonderland.

"That infuriating blonde fan-girl..." Azure growled before calming down, her anger at Travers's callous remarks from the previous day dissipating as she violently bit into her chocolate bar. "She and Fawley share the typical mindset of a traditionalist; for them, having magic is what automatically gives a wizard the right to order others around. But those two must have short-term memory or something; half the English nobility and the Parliament are Wizards-borns and Muggle-borns...the elites would never admit it though."

Myrtle blinked constantly as this new information sank in her mind. "Does this mean that your monarch is a Wizard-born?!"

"Were you expecting a different thing?" Azure asked rhetorically, a smug smile appearing on her face. "Magical blood is everywhere, Myrtle, including in the royal bloodlines. The 'White Queen' was if Sir Nicholas's words are to be accurate, a Muggle-born Sorted in Slytherin. The first and the only one until this day."

"A Slytherin?" Myrtle asked incredulously. "The one who married King Edward IV? Historically, her mother was depicted as a sorceress, but..."

"When it's hearsay, facts are only half-true," Azure said vaguely. "You heard the name 'Aristocrats of Evil' before, right?"

"It is an old society connected to both of our worlds," Myrtle answered, remembering Minnie's explanation about the reclusive group of nobles whose leader, Earl Phantomhive, conducted investigations under the direct orders of Her Majesty Queen Victoria, a duty that extended to this day only the monarch they served was not the same.

The Earl of House Phantomhive was the "Bogey Man" for criminals. Since he never showed his face in public, the spread of all kinds of rumours was inevitable. For instance, the leader suffering from a severe case of dwarfism. Another was that he had been seen in the company of a tall, handsome man with black hair and a tailcoat in 1912. The photographer had suffered an "accident" after sending this picture to the newspapers, as well his instrument of work. The picture in question had burnt in a fire that fortunately did not claim any lives.

Come to think of that, Minnie never revealed the Aristocrats' blood status...

"Don't tell me..." Myrtle trailed, eyes widening at what Azure was implying. "Are they?"

"Some of them are," the Slytherin answered with a secretive grin. "Pure-bloods may mock them, but they would act like headless chickens without the Aristocrats' connections and their good-will to maintain the Statute of Secrecy. Another proof that makes me believe that one day, the barrier between worlds will disappear. This, of course, being a gradual process."

Myrtle sensed her inner Gryffindor and Hufflepuff jump with joy. "Do you really believe that?"

Azure gave her a beaming smile. "Yes, I certainly do!"

"But what would your family say?" The Ravenclaw asked worriedly, to which Azure replied with a wink.

"Acceptance First and Foremost."