CHAPTER 27

FIREFLIES

SAMANTHA

I walked in this empty road with a heavy heart. I didn't bother riding my car or even my motorcycle. I just walked, I really want to be alone right now. I cry harder when I remember those photos inside his phone. I wiped my tears, but damn! It's still keep on falling.

"FUCK THIS LIFE! FUCK ALL THE PEOPLE! FUCK THAT BITCH!" I shouted so damn loud. I even kicked the garbage bin. "I hate you Hans! I hate you!" I shouted while sitting and crying in this empty road.

"Shouting like a drunken bitch won't heal your broken heart. Stop crying my beautiful cousin,'' I saw my asshole cousin Pain standing in front of me. I cried even harder when I saw him. I badly need someone to lean on. Good thing Pain is here.

"Stop Crying, and please stand up. You look like a beggar  waiting for some miracle,'' he said while helping me stand up. Pain hugged me so tight while he keep caressing my back.

"Stop crying now Samantha Elise Cortex Anderson. Cortex is not weak and a cry baby,'' I hit him so damn hard but still he managed to laugh.

"Ouch! You hit my perfect body,'' he said while pouting.

"Shut up! I'm not in the mood to laugh with your corny jokes Pain.''

He didn't say anything, instead he dragged me to his car. "Let's have some cousin time tonight. Do you want to go to our favorite place?''

A smile appeared on my face. Back when Pain and I are still young, we loved to visit the hidden lake located near our house. Maybe 100 meters away from our house? I don't know. We named that Hidden Lake as, La Cortex because the both of us discovered that place.

"Do you still remember the day when tito Steve got angry because we went home late?''

"Yes! I still remember that day. That was the most memorable day I have with you. I felt like a normal kid, just playing not minding the gold mask she was wearing. It's so funny to think that from my very young age I kept on hiding my face.''

"Hiding your face is the only way to keep you safe.''

"I know but still, I'm so sad upon realizing that even in my younger age. I was known as Samantha because of my gold mask. But everything change, not that really change. When we aged 15 dad manage to hired a professional makeup artist for me, I don't wear my gold mask anymore but instead I'm hiding my face with different artificial face. Cousin of mine, I've realize that I am living in this world with different identities.''

I saw how Pain looked at me, sadness is evident in his eyes. Pain and I are both 22 now. Pain is a strong young man but inside his smile hides a great sadness and pain. We the Cortex really have this hell life. But still, I'm so proud of him. Pain was declared as the youngest CEO of all time. He managed to run his parents company at the age of 16.

"What are you thinking?''

"Nothing.''

"Okay, were here,'' I smile upon seeing the most beautiful view in front of me. A lot of fireflies are flying around the lake. I really missed this place.

"Still look beautiful La Cortex,'' I said while looking around.

"Yes it is. You know what cuz, you're like a firefly. In daylight your beauty is not visible in everyone's eyes but when the night comes the enchanting side of Storm Saphira is striking like the light coming from the fireflies.''

"Pain? You know what, I want to believe him. But, I'm scared, I might get hurt again.''

"Don't be afraid Sam. Just trust your guy. He's saying the truth,'' Pain already have an idea about what happened earlier. On our way here we already talked about my problem.

"Let me see the photos you are saying,'' I handed him the phone and he went directly on the gallery.

"Hmm.. I think I remember that Hans and I accidentally met in this place. The two of us talked for so long that day, but I don't remember him eating ice cream. And also I saw Vintiex with a guy eating ice cream inside a restaurant. Sam, this photo is all edited, and based on the date the photos was sent. It was only yesterday. Cuz, they only want to ruin your relationship with Hans. Just remember this: Be brave and fight for your man. Don't let them find your weakness.''

I'm right he's saying the truth. And Pain is right Hans is my man so whatever it takes I will fight for him. I will fight for the man I love.

"Thanks Cuz! By the way why are you here?''

"I'm here because I want to talk to you about some important matters. And, my girl is here also, so I need to keep an eye on her because some asshole might attack so he need Payne Astron Iliaz Nuetrux to protect her.''

"Mygosh Pain! Don't tell me you love her. I thought you hate stalkers?''

"She's the only exception. You know, she's an Agent and I am her target but don't worry cuz. I'm not in danger. Maybe, X is the one in danger, she's in danger of falling in love with this handsome guy.''

"Keep dreaming Pain. X won't like an asshole ugly guy like you. And let me remind you, she's following you to get some info about this Mafia Lord. And, she's an agent after all.''

"I'm not dreaming cuz! Do you want some bet?''

"Nope. I'm not interested to have a bet with you. Let's just wait for destiny.''

"That girl is my destiny.''

"As you wish lover boy. But, thank you for your time Pain. Just go home first, but can I borrow your car?''

"Where are you heading to? What the Hell! Are you serious?! Damn Cuz, your hideout is so far from here. I don't want to walk.''

"I'm sorry cuz, but I badly need your car right now. I know he's waiting for me. So, good luck and have a safe walk PAIN.''

I just laugh when I heard my cousin curse. Pain, I'm so sorry but I really need your car. Just wait for me Hans, your queen is already on the way.