2. Is Gospel a Funny Joke?

IS GOSPEL A FUNNY JOKE?By: JhovLovesYouPublished: March 28, 2019 at 9:58 PM

By: JhovLovesYou
Published: March 28, 2019 at 9:58 PM

These days, a lot of people seem to take the Word of God as a funny joke in a conversation. Considering my personal experience, when I tell something seriously about some situation and I integrate some of the Lord's Word to remediate some problem or whatnot, most people would just shout, "Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!" then they would laugh.

What's so funny about sharing God's Word? For no Word from God will ever fail (Luke 1:37). It clearly stated in the Bible that the Word from the Lord will never fail to answer and give solutions to some cases. In this case, should not we take His Words seriously? When we ask a piece of advice from others, we take them seriously even if the words being received are just worldly wisdom. Why not God's?

Do you know that mocking and disrespecting the Gospel is a blasphemy? And do you know that the Word revealed to you is worked by the Holy Spirit? Therefore, making fun of the Word revealed by the Spirit is blasphemy and whoever blasphemes against the Spirit shall not be forgiven (Matt. 12:31).

Do you also know that by not taking the Word seriously is like rejecting God? Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you His Holy Spirit (1 Thess. 4:7-8).

To be honest, I get offended whenever I share something that concerns about God then people who hear will just respond mockingly in my face. It is like an insult to me. But I learned that I should not be disheartened. It is there lost, after all. I just relay what God has revealed to me. So fellow Christians, whether the people around would take the Gospel from you seriously or not, let them be. Fools mock at sin, but among the upright, there is goodwill (Prov 14:9). And we should not expect from man, for Christ apostles said before, "In the last times there will be scoffers who laugh about God, following their own evil desires which are against God." These are the people who divide you, people whose thoughts are only of this world, who do not have the Spirit (Jude 1:17-19). So it is really given.

Here is the continuation: But dear friends, use your most holy faith to build yourselves up, praying in the Holy Spirit (Jude 1:20). So let's stand firm and build ourselves with our family in spirit with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Yes, we may get offended and insulted, but God is with us. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me (Matt. 5:11).

Someone may not understand and get the logic on the need of hearing God's Word. But someday he will—hopefully. Let the Spirit make one comprehend. Let's continue sharing the Gospel by feeding our and others' spirits, whether they take it seriously or just laugh at us as long as we do what God wants us to do. Let who hears faces the consequences one way or another.

For God's Word gives life, not a funny joke to laugh at.