10. Does Life Begin at 40?

DOES LIFE BEGIN AT 40?By: JhovLovesYouPublished: March 4, 2020 at 7:22 PM

By: JhovLovesYou
Published: March 4, 2020 at 7:22 PM

"Life Begins at 40."

I have searched for this phrase during my college days but I did not care what it means. Life starts at 40... they say that it is the age when life becomes better and when one has accumulated enough experiences and skills-and maybe the life when one thinks has almost everything as own family, wealth, higher social status and whatnot.

Many define "living life" as something as goodness, beauty and prosperity. Yes, it is. And if it is otherwise, many say that it is not life but only an existence.

It was during elementary when I started dreaming about graduating in college and becoming a successful person. I really wanted to become someone who holds a degree and who brings pride to my own family as they were not able to do what I wanted to achieve that time. I thought that when I already graduated and got a job related to my degree, I would live my life.

But that was what I had thought. I later realized that I was just plainly existing and had not seen life.

I had been living my life full of dreams and desires but I never saw the life that was already knocking in my heart for the past years. I kept focusing on other things that I already ignored the fact that I was almost reaching the true life I needed to have.

I knew Him since I was just a little girl..

I learned about Him during my high school years..

I encountered and experienced Him during my college days..

But why did I keep searching for life when all this time He was there?

God was there and He had called me multiple times. He had been telling me to turn to Him fully but I only refused Him for the nth time.

The time when I ran away from God, a part of me knew that I could not escape from Him. Even when I turned against Him and ignored His calling, I just found myself kneeling and crying-and that woke me to see the light. And there, God showed me His way. I walked on that and the light shone. I have finally found life...

It was Jesus.

In Jesus is life, and this life is the light of mine. In the midst of the mess without seeing because of the darkness that engulfed where I was, I have found the life that became the light which made me see God's grace in me.

And that was two years ago.

With that, I went on to see the more of God, His plans, and His love-for God has created my inmost being and knitted me together in my mom's womb beautifully and wonderfully.

Until now, I'm living my life and Jesus is the reason of it. He is the way, the truth, and the life. And as I have continually being gracefully disciplined by Him, no darkness will overcome me for His light is with me.

Life begins at 40. But in my case, I knew very well that I'm already living my life.

Because life begins once Jesus becomes the reason one lives it.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

John 1:3-5

All things were made through Him. Without Him was not anything made that has been made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn't overcome it.

Job 10:12

You have granted me life and loving kindness. Your visitation has preserved my spirit.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future.

Psalm 36:9

For with You is the spring of life. In Your light shall we see light.

Psalm 139:13-14

For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well.

John 8:12

Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."

John 11:25

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will still live, even if he dies..

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me..

1 John 5:12

He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn't have God's Son doesn't have the life.