⚫Chapter 41⚫

Wednesday, December 19

"Ok, here it goes. There's something you need to know about my father," Isidora stated to us. It was currently the next day. Isidora brought us outside and took us for a walk. Far away from the castle.

"What about him?" Elias asked immediately.

"He's not who you think he is..."

"I knew it," I heard Elias mutter underneath his breath.

"He's only pretending. You must be careful," Isidora said.

"I'm not sure I understand what you mean," I responded. I mean yes, he was kind of strange, but wasn't everybody?

"Everyone living in this domain is scared of him. Including me."

"That bastard! What did he do?!" Elias asked furiously.

"Promise not to freak out too much. Please," she pleaded.

"We're already freaked out, just tell us already," Jasper exclaimed.

"My father has very bad intentions...he wants to retrieve back the bracelet."

He wanted the bracelet? For what reason?

"But, didn't he witness how dangerous it was when placed in the wrong hands? Why would he want to go anywhere near it?" Nathan inquired.

"He believes our previous Alpha was stupid and ignorant. He died because he was foolish and didn't handle the bracelet properly. He claims that Latum Alterum needs to have a leader; an empire ruled by an emperor."

"Ok. This is a lot to take in. Is he threatening everybody?" I asked.

Isidora nodded her head. "We suggested that he should meet up with the other Alphas but he refuses. He says that if we go anywhere near the portal, we will be killed."

"Oh my gosh. That's terrible," I exclaimed. "Wait, do you guys have any visiting packs? I've been meaning to ask you about that."

"My father thinks sending packs from earth here is a waste of time. He doesn't find it necessary so we don't do it."

"What type of madness is this?" Jasper asked.

"My father has no clue where the bracelet is. Nobody does. But I think he's up to something. If he finds it, we're all doomed. Not just our domain, but all of Latum Alterum. He's very intelligent, so I am sure he has plenty of tricks up his sleeve," Isidora said.

"Yeah, he reads a lot," I stated.

"What did he say to you? What were you guys talking about yesterday?"

"Well, I told him how I became a vampire. Everything was fine at first, but then he started saying weird stuff."

"Like what?" Elias asked.

"He asked about my parents. My biological parents. He also said I resembled an elf..."

"A w-what?" Nathan asked sounding shocked.

"An Elf. My father reads up on stuff and claims Elves exist. Apparently, their world is very powerful and he would love to go there someday. He's kind of crazy."

"That would be cool if they actually existed," Jasper said.

"One more thing. I think he's formed an alliance with someone. Someone who doesn't live in our domain."

"Like someone in another domain?" Nathan asked.

"Possibly. Just be very careful. Don't trust anyone."

"And how do we know we can trust you?" Elias asked.

Isidora sighed. "You can trust me. I only want what's best for everyone. Sadly my father doesn't."

Elias gave her a weird look before turning to look at me. "I think she's telling the truth. We can trust her," I responded.

"Oh, and there's one more thing you should know about the bracelet. When the previous Alphas got rid of it, they also got rid of our powers."

"Powers?!!" Jasper asked. "You guys have powers?"

"Yes. Our powers are trapped in the bracelet. Every werewolf living in their domain has the power to create small amounts of their element. For instance, I can produce fire with my hands."

"That is so cool," I sighed in awe.

"And each Alpha can create both small and large amounts of their element. So my father is able to create tornados and even rivers of fire from thin air. Once the bracelet is worn, all powers will be released. This is good because we'll have our powers to defend ourselves, but also bad because he will become ten times stronger than a regular Alpha."

"Wait, but isn't every Alpha born into their position? How does your father have powers?"

"He went through the ceremonial process. It's very complicated, but he basically slept for a couple of days while the process was happening," Isidora said.

"Ok, I don't know about you guys, but I want to get out of here. Your father is Hades himself. I don't want to be anywhere near him," Jasper exclaimed.

"Same," Nathan added.

"Yes, you guys should leave. I suggest you go early tomorrow morning. Warn the other domains about him. Tell them now is the time to join forces because Latum Alterum depends on it."

"What about you? Do you want to come with us?" I asked her. "No, I need to stay. Make sure the others are safe and try and tolerate my father's madness."

"Are you sure? You are more than welcome to join us."

"It's ok Leilani. I'll be ok. Just please warn the others and stay away from our domain. I think he's going to act very soon. He's been planning this whole thing for years now. He's just waiting for the perfect time."

I nodded my head in response. "Thank you so much Isidora. I know it must be hard to see your father act this way." She briefly smiled at me before looking down in sorrow.

"Wait a second. Who's your mother?" Elias asked.

Isidora's eyes widened before they began to water. "What's wrong?" I asked her.

"She's l-locked up. She's b-been locked up f-for years," she stammered as a tear rolled down her cheek. "She tried stopping him. She told him it was a bad idea and that he shouldn't be greedy for the bracelet. He finally had enough of her and locked her up. I visit her once every month. My father doesn't allow me to visit her frequently. I tried once and he locked me up too."

"Was she his second chance mate?" I asked her.

She nodded her head. "They used to be so in love. I don't know what happened..."

"I am so sorry Isidora." I pulled her into me and embraced her.

"Me too," she said.

"Just endure for a little while longer. After we warn the other domains about him, we'll see what we can do to stop him from getting that bracelet."