Chapter 9

Tikki's p.o.v.:

"Tikki, do you think that he hates me?" Marinette sniffled from her desk as she spun in her chair. She must've been getting dizzy, but maybe that was the point.

"You have to move on from this, Mari. You've already asked that. Twice." The kwami grumbled from her perch atop Marinette's bed. Usually she was patient and open towards her holder, but even Tikki couldn't handle the emotions once they had gotten home. At school, Marinette was confined to her own head, but in the privacy of her room, the girl rambled on to Tikki. It was all Tikki could do to stop herself from shouting. "I'm sure he doesn't hate you. Heck, he said he loved you. If he really did, then there is no way he could hate you just like that," Tikki tried to reason.

"Oh, Tikki, you don't know Chat like I do! He's extremely sensitive and kind. I can't let Paris down because he decides to hate me!" Marinette's voice turned high-pitched and shrill. "I just can't!"

"Well you're going to have to deal with that soon. You have a patrol again tomorrow night."

The color drained from Marinette's face. "A- A patrol! So soon! Oh no. Oh no no no no. Are you sure? This is horrible. I'll never be able to face him again, let alone tomorrow night!"

"Marinette, for Paris's sake, you have to stay strong!"

"... But how can I..." Marinette paused, trying to calm herself down. "You're probably right. I'm probably being way too dramatic. I'm sure he doesn't even care that much. He probably heard about my crush and decided that was that! I'm totally blowing this out of proportion. I can be strong for Paris. I can stay strong..."

Tikki wasn't too sure about all of that, but hey, it seemed to be working. "For sure, Marinette. Just stay strong and you can make it through this."

"...Yeah, got it." Marinette said gravely. Her face had the still and relaxed look of someone who was calm, but you could see it in her eyes that she was still panicking. Tikki didn't want to leave the girl like this, but she had important things to do.

Tikki tried to sort the words out in her head, testing the correct ones as to not give any information that might cause Marinette harm. "I believe in you. Also, Marinette, and sorry for the short notice, but I have to go to Master Fu's today. Preferably like right now." Marinette's eyes widened quickly and her head snapped up. Tikki winced. Sometimes, she was worse at subtlety than Marinette. "I have to give him my monthly check-in." Now Marinette just looked confused.

"Monthly check-in? I don't remember a monthly check-in, but I suppose you could have left when I was asleep. But... ACTUALLY, this is perfect. I have something I want to talk to Master Fu about too! We can go together!" Marinette's face lit up into a smile. It was Tikki's turn to be surprised.

"Uh-um why would you want to go visit Master Fu? You haven't been there in a while, ever since you let him know about Chat's arm a few months back." Tikki really didn't want Marinette coming along. She had meant to tell Fu about the disastrous patrol, but she couldn't say all that in front of Marinette after she had basically preached that everything was fine, that Chat was fine.

"I have a request to make. I'm finally taking up one of his offers from forever ago. I wasn't sure before, but now I think it's the right decision... After last night... Yes, I'm sure this is the right decision. It will fix things, help us regain our teamwork and trust! It will help us be strong."

"What do you mean?" Tikki had absolutely no idea what Marinette was talking about.

"I'm going to give out a miraculous."