Chapter 16

Marinette's Perspective:

What did she mean?

Did she know him?

Marinette's head hurt. She should probably forget it. It was probably nothing.

And yet...

Marinette had seen the look in her eyes. As Alya's best friend, it has become her business to. Marinette knew that look.

For about as long as Marinette had known Alya, she had run the Ladyblog. Alya was constantly working on a new theory or idea. She was curious by nature and followed her instincts.

Everyone knew that.

But it was rare for Alya to find something that she was completely passionate about, crazy as that sounded. Sure, Alya got into everything she spent time on, but that was more out of dedication. A need to share everything to her followers because that was what they expected from her and she was happy to oblige. So she would research and observe just about anything.

But sometimes, Alya would find something, a theory, a connection, anything, and she would instantly become invested. Alya would be hit with such a sudden premonition of sorts. It happened whenever Alya found something she was sure of. It happened when she knew with all of her being that she had found the answer. Sometimes it happened after diving into a theory she wasn't committed to. She would find something and everything would change. Alya would learn one thing and her whole mindset would change from 'okay maybe this can explain this' to 'how could i have never thought of this before, it changes everything'.

It rarely happened the instant Alya thought of a new idea.

And rarely was Alya wrong.

But, like Chat said. They wore masks. And it's not like it was likely that Alya knew him. Hell, Paris was a large city. The chances that Alya recognized and knew Chat were astronomical.

Astronomical. Right?

And... and even if Alya had met him before... She didn't know who. She said so herself.

Right?

And even if... even if they knew each other. It wasn't like... it wouldn't be that bad...

Right?

Even if they knew each other and because Alya also knew Marinette, there was a small chance that Marinette might know, or might even have met, Chat Noir...

Even if he turned out to be someone she was close to...