19

Ring

Ring

"Fucking hell."

"Maybe, don't curse at me when you see me?"

"I can't get it out of my mind!"

It was months ago when the incident happened with Jeongyeon and the moment that I lied about it to Mina.

Nayeon, my friend, best friend, ex girlfriend came rushing at me like a loan shark wanting to get paid. Her steps was heavy, heaving at my sight.

"Chaeyoung, I have been talking this with her and she was really in a bad shape that time!"

"She still shouldn't hurt anyone, for any reason!"

"Come on!" She scoffed and pointed right at me, "You're the one who picked a fight to her."

"What are you trying to squeeze out of this conversation?" I hissed and looked at her annoyingly.

"You've stop talking to me because of her!"

"I didnt want you to tell out stories about me or us to her!"

"I won't! Because it's beetween you and me!" She was more pissed as I am. She held the bridge of her nose before shouting at me, "We're fucking friends, Chaeyoung!"

"Woah, woah, woah." Dahyun spreads her arms in between us and I was glad that she did because I was fuming in anger, "Married couples, Jeez. Can you talk outside? We're running business here."

"Fuck it, Chaeyoung. If you're breaking our friendship because of this, then fine!"

She left angrily, leaving the chimes giving out crazy patterns of rings.

"I can look after the shop, don't worry." My partner advised me and I know I should follow her.

I heavily sigh before going out of the shop. She wasn't that far yet, her back facing me and she was stomping angrily moving her way by the sidewalk.

It was really funny.

"Nayeon!" I finally got her arm and she stopped walking, "Alright, I'm sorry." She turns around and gave me an evil look.

"You mean it?"

"Yeah, I do. Why are you even telling me this right now?"

"I wanted to clear things between you two, come with me and meet her up."

"This is a bad idea."

"Fine, let go of me." She wiggles her arm out like a child unable to get her spoiling needs.

"Fine! I'll go!" With a heavy heart, I followed her.

We walk on one of a cafe, few blocks away from my shop. A classic and old styled cafe, It was my first even if I have been around the place for so long now.

"Jeong." Nayeon calls out and I could see the latter was heavily breathing like me.

We walk closer by the table she's seating in. Her hand clasping each other on top of the wooden table and her eyes fixated on it.

"Did she force you to do this?" I asked looking at her but she shook her head, "That's unexpected."

"I'll be here." Nayeon said and settled to sit beside her.

So she's taking her side then?

"We don't need a referee." Jeongyeon muttered.

"We might need one." I said shooting daggers infront of her.

"Chaeyoung, I just want to clear things out." Jeongyeon huffs, giving me a serious look on her face that I don't trust, "I was in a desperate condition when we met before."

"So you want me to call you a bro now or something?"

"Quit being sarcastic, Chaeng." The referee calls a foul.

"Let's say I don't care about the beef between us. Mina told me you cheated on her twice and I didn't want you to do that again, especially to my fucking friend." I sternly said.

"I fuck up big time back then."

"It's not back then, it was just like four or five months ago fucker." I counted the time on what Mina have told me over the hotspot bar.

"It happened a year before that." She runs her hand through her hair, while I listen to the new side of the story, "I tried to build our relationship again but we grew so distant with each other. I regret it, because when you lie to her, she would build this high walls and I didn't pursue enough and trusted time would heal her, would heal our broken relationship."

Lie to her? Fuck. I mess up big time then.

I run my fingers on my face like a face palm of regret trickling on it, not because of her cliché story but because I already lied to her, my Mina.

"Fine, but if you ever make Nayeon cry. I'll do everything to make your life miserable." I pointed my index finger right at her.

"Thank you, Chaeyoung. I'm really sorry."

"I don't need your sorries. I'll leave you two alone n--"

Already standing up from my seat, my eyes travelled to the familiar figure. She caught my eye, and the two person infront of me. Of all the people and of all the places.

The universe is playing tricks on me.

"Mina!"

I hurriedly run out of the cafe trying to catch her but she was running away too fast.

"Stop! It's not what you think it is!" I assumed because she's acting like she've seen a bad thing. "Mina!"

I run and shouted until she crossed the other side of the road, so I chased her.

"Mina!"

And an eerie part came out of me, and I can feel something has lost from me. Faint sound and a beaming light everywhere. Everything was blurry, that my eyes were starting to drift.

"Help!"

"Chaeyoung! Wake up!"

"Someone! Please!"

-