Seven - Jimin appa

Jina, five years old

Jimin's POV

"Today's your first day of school. Are you excited?" I asked her with a grin while looking at her from the rearview mirror.

"Yes! I'm going to make a lot of friends!" She shouted from the behind, earning a disapproving look from Jieun who was sitting next to me in the car at the passenger seat.

"Don't shout like that." She scolded, and Jina nodded sheepishly, her fingers fidgeting together.

"Yah, don't be so strict on her. Let her live a little." I said to Jieun when Jina was distracted with the new pink watch on her wrist.

Jieun scoffed. "And what? Let her be like you and the rest?"

"Excuse you?" I gasped dramatically. "What do you mean by that? I feel oddly offended."

"That's because you should." Jieun smirked, making me pinch her cheek, and then immediately retracted my hand when she raised hers to swat mine away.

"Ha! You lose. You're always the loser." I grinned cheekily at her.

"I hate you." She glared at me.

"Aww, I love you too." I winked at her, to which she had gladly roll her eyes as a response.

After parking the car, I helped Jina get off the car as Jieun took and carried her Frozen themed backpack.

Hand in hand, I led the both of them towards the main gate of the kindergarten that was packed with other parents who were just as anxious as we were; some comforting their bawling childeren, while some were just happily taking photos of their little ones.

"Welcome! Have you registered your child's name beforehand?" A lady who was all smiles asked as we reached the counter.

"Appa, I can't see." Jina tugged my hand, making me look down.

Chuckling, I carried her in my arms and she gladly greeted the lady with a cheeky grin.

"Hi there little one." The lady chortled.

I let Jieun settle with the registration and other documentations, as we had talked about this before coming here.

With Jina still in my arms, I scanned the area and smiled proudly at my daughter when I realized she was the only child in the room who wasn't crying.

"Why are they all crying, appa?" Jina furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"They are reluctant to leave their parents." I explained to her while tapping her little nose.

She crinkled her nose, earning a laugh from me.

"I don't want to leave you and eomma too, but I'm not crying." She muttered with a pout.

"That's because you're a strong girl." I pecked her cheek, to which she giggled in response.

"Park Jimin!" I whirled us around when I heard Jieun calling me.

"Yeah?"

"Jina has to go to class now." Jieun said, and I could hear the reluctance in her tone.

"Alright. Let's accompany her until she finds a seat in the class." I placed a hand on her back, with Jina still in my arm.

Man, I surely had to work out more to be able to carry this little girl who was growing more and more.

"Annyeong appa." Jina placed a soft peck on my cheek, before turning towards Jieun. Giving her a peck too, Jina spoke again. "Annyeong eomma."