Nine - Jungkook appa, no, it's oppa

Jina, five years old

Jungkook's POV

"Why do I have to call you oppa instead of appa?" Jina pouted with her arms crossed, and I couldn't help but to think that she resembled Jieun noona a lot whenever she does this.

"Cause I'm not your real dad, Jina-ah. And besides, I'm bringing you to meet my university friends." I explained to her while holding her hand tightly, not wanting her to run off in the busy streets of Myeongdong.

"But I want you to be my appa too!" Jina retorted, and tried to leave my hand but I clenched onto her small hand even tighter, but not too tight as I didn't want to hurt her.

Crouching down, I sighed before looking into her teary eyes.

"Aigoo, we don't want our beautiful princess to cry now, do we?" I wiped the tears that had flowed down her cheeks with the hem of my sleeves.

"No." She replied me with a sob.

"Exactly. You really don't want to call me oppa, do you?" I questioned, but contrasting to what I was expecting for her to say, she sniffed before answering me.

"It's okay, oppa will do." She muttered, leaving me surprised and shocked.

"A-are you really okay with that?" I asked her again, and she nodded before wiping away her tears and hold my hand again.

"Let's go, oppa. I don't want you to be late for your gathering."

Still dumbfounded, I led her towards the café that my friends and I had decided to meet at.

I had told them about Jina, and they had been pestering me to bring her out one day so they could finally meet her.

I knew Jina wasn't afraid of strangers, but I was still concerned that she wouldn't like it if there were too many unfamiliar faces surrounding her.

Jieun noona wasn't really fond of letting Jina to stay with me and meet my friends too, but she had errands to run and all the other hyungs were busy with their works too.

Seokjin hyung was a resident doctor who could barely close his eyes to rest.

Yoongi hyung was busy attending interviews for his hit song that he had produced.

Hoseok hyung's dance studio's became famous after he posted a dance routine of himself on SNS.

Namjoon hyung was always working day and night in his father's company.

Jimin hyung was also helping his parents run their family chain department stores in South Korea.

Taehyung hyung had his own restaurant to take care of.

While I...

I was just your mundane twenty-one year old who was currently attending university.

"Jeon Jungkook!" My eyes instantly searched for the owner of the voice who had hollered my name.

A goofy grin appeared on my face when I spotted my group of friends.

Just when I was about to lead Jina towards them, I noticed how Jina had stayed frozen on her spot.

"I'm scared, oppa." She glanced up at me, and I carried her in my arms, knowing that she would feel protected whenever she was carried.

My heart felt warm when she rested her cheek on the crook of my neck.

"Jeon! Is that the little girl you couldn't stop talking about?" Bam's face lit up at the sight of the Jina looking at my friends timidly.

"Yeah. She's shy so don't you all dare scare her." I warned them, and they nodded while chuckling.