Eleven - Ashamed

Jina, five years old

Jina's POV

It was all my fault.

Only if I didn't run into the streets.

Only if I wasn't weak when my classmates bullied me.

Only if I knew how much they truly loved me.

Only if...

I was only five, but I wasn't that stupid to not being able to understand that my real dad had passed away a long time ago.

Even before today, I knew that none of my dads were my biological dad.

However, I lost my cool when some kids in my class started teasing me for drawing seven dads in my family portrait instead of one.

I told them to back off, but they were persistent.

They even went as far as tearing up my drawing that I was planning to show my dads and mum when they pick me up later.

So, without thinking, I punched the kid who tore my drawing into half.

My teacher had scolded me for using violence, and when she asked me what was the reason behind the punch, I refused to speak.

I was too embarrassed.

I was actually ashamed to have seven dads who loved me more than anything.

As I sat on the hospital chair in the waiting area, I watched my mum crying in my other dads' arms with guilt.

They were comforting her, saying that Jimin appa would be fine.

Seokjin appa was in the operation theatre along with his colleagues, and he had promised me that he would do his best to save Jimin appa, no matter what.

A tear slipped from my eye when I recalled Jimin appa lying on the road, not moving even when my mum touched and called his name.

I saw how broken my mum looked, but when I called her, she instantly plastered a strong smile for me.

"Jina-ah."

I glanced up, and saw Yoongi appa crouching down before me, his eyes never leaving my pouting face.

"Are you okay?" He asked with warmth seeping in his voice, his face practically written with concern.

"It's all my fault, appa." I blurted out, and Yoongi appa exhaled deeply before sitting down next to me.

Wrapping his arm around my shoulders, I felt him pecking my forehead. "Nobody wanted that to happen, Jina. It's not your fault okay?"

I shook my head as I cried. "I made that happen. So it's my fault."

"Hey, little princess." Another voice joined in, and I found myself staring at Hoseok appa with a blurry vision.

"Appa." I mumbled out while blinking my tears away, and now that my vision was clear, I saw him giving me his signature smile before nodding briefly at Yoongi appa who pecked my head again before leaving us both.

Hoseok appa squatted down and took in my small hands in his large ones. "Don't worry, Jimin appa isn't as weak as you think. Besides, Seokjin appa will save him!"

"But what if he doesn't wake up?" I frowned, and watched him wipe my tears away with his thumbs.

"He will. He needs to watch you grow up to become a beautiful woman, don't you think?" Hoseok appa tilted his head with a silly grin, and I couldn't help but to smile as well. Seeing me smile, he beamed even harder. "There! My princess is smiling again!"

I giggled, and allowed him to carry me in his arms.

Hoseok appa was right, Jimin appa wasn't that weak.

Jimin appa would open his eyes again.

-

You guys really like this story huh