Fourteen - Tantrums

Jina, seventeen years old

Jieun's POV

"What do you mean that I can't go out?"

I pinched my nose bridge, frustrated.

Jina was now in her teenage years, but she had been throwing tantrums way too often now.

"I've said this once, and this is my second time saying this. You are not allowed to leave the house!" I raised my voice, and Jina flinched at the loudness of my voice.

Putting on a straight face, Jina rolled her eyes at me before speaking again. "And what if I do?"

"Then don't think of coming back home ever again." I answered her, my voice low without any playful hint in it.

I had enough.

Jina was growing older and her attitude was seriously disappointing me.

"Fine. I won't return home, ever." Jina spat before opening the door and slammed it close.

Fighting my tears, I stormed towards the couch in the living room and plopped down onto it.

What had I done so wrong for my own daughter to hate me and would rather stay out at night with her so called friends?

No matter how many times I had told her that her 'friends' were not real friends, she still chose to believe them instead.

She would come home, she would.

So I waited.

And waited.

The late night reruns of TV shows were now replaced by nonstop advertisements, signalling that it was already late at night.

Glancing at the clock, my heart nearly leaped out when I realized that it was already eleven p.m., making me to hastily grab my phone from the charging port and dialled Jina's phone number that I had already memorized by heart.

"Pick up, Kwon Jina." I muttered to no one in particular as I waited for her to answer my call, but as much as I didn't want it to happen- she didn't pick up the call.

I dialled again, but to no avail.

I think I had called her for more than ten times, but they were all answered by the same programmed robotic lady telling me to 'Please leave a message after the beep.'

The time was now a quarter left till midnight.

With the same rhythmic ticking of the clock as each second went by, I fought the urge to cry and scrolled through my contact list instead, and pressed the call button.

After three rings, I heaved a sigh of relief when Seokjin picked up his phone, but started furrowing when I heard the hectic noises in the background.

"Jieun? Why did you call me?" He asked through the phone, and I debated whether to tell him about the situation or not.

"Um, are you busy?" I questioned meekly.

"Well, kinda. Do you have any emergency? You never call me during my working hours." His voice sounded as if he was in a hurry, with lots of shuffling in the background. "Jieun?"

"Oh, uh. It's okay, you sound busy. I will call the other guys." I blurted before hanging up the call without waiting for a reply from the man.