Ten - Crash

Jina, five years old

Jieun's POV

I was packing some of my personal belongings into my handbag when someone cleared his throat at the front of the reception desk.

Lifting my head up, I grinned when I saw Jimin with a stupid grin on his face.

"Are you done with your work?" He asked, and I nodded. "Let's go pick up Jina then!"

We had all agreed to let only both Jimin and I send and pick Jina up from her school. As reluctant as the other boys were, we thought that this would be the best for our princess.

Jimin was being his usual self, his silly little antics making me laugh nonstop as we headed towards Jina's school in his car.

I got off the car and spotted Jina looking at the ground, her little feet kicking the pebbles on the ground.

"Jina!" I called out with a smile, and my baby girl instantly raised her head to look at me.

My smile however turned into a frown when I noticed tears brimming in her eyes, and it was only a matter of time before her tears started to trickle down her cheeks.

Without thinking much, I ran towards where she was and embraced her to comfort her. "What's wrong? Did you have a bad day today?"

Nodding, Jina wiped her tears away with the back of her hands. "My classmates made fun of me today."

"What? Why?" I was shocked to hear that.

"They started teasing me when I told them I have seven dads. They say it's impossible, as they only have one appa respectively." Jina sobbed, and my heart broke at her words.

"Oh Jina-ah." I sighed and carried her up in my arms, my hands caressing her head as I walked back towards Jimin's car.

Jimin frowned the moment he saw Jina's crying state.

"What happened?" He mouthed at me, and I shook my head, telling him I would explain to him later.

After buckling Jina up at the backseat, I placed a peck on her forehead before hopping onto the passenger seat in front.

We drove in silence as we headed back to my house, that was until Jina fell asleep behind, her breathing sounds becoming louder as she dozed off.

Clearing his throat, Jimin spoke. "Why was Jina crying?"

"Her classmates teased her for not having only one dad." I blurted, and felt tears escaping my own eyes as well.

Even after all these years, it still hurt.

Jimin held my hand as he drove with only a hand. "We will explain to her, if you want. Are you ready to do it?"

"Taehyung's right. We can't hide this from her forever." I sighed again. "She's old enough to understand."

Nodding, Jimin said nothing else but simply contined to rub circles on my hand with his thumb during the journey back home.

As the car halted to a slow stop, Jina jolted awake, her eyes puffy and swollen from the crying.

"We are here, sweetie." Jimin smiled warmly at her before removing the seatbelt for her, and held her hand as she hopped off the car.

"Appa, are you my real dad?" Jina suddenly questioned, making the both of us to freeze on the spot and stare at her with baffled looks.

"O-of course! Why wouldn't I be?" Jimin chuckled nervously, but he was still shocked at the sudden question.

He wasn't mentally prepared enough for this.

"Stop lying." Jina pouted while forcefully retreating her hand away from his, and glancing up at him, she spoke again. "I know none of you are my real dad."

My eyes widened at her statement.

Jimin shared a similar facial expression as me.

"Jina, do not speak so rudely-"

"Eomma!" Jina raised her voice for the first time in her life, and I was flabbergasted to hear that from her. Glaring at me with clenched fists, Jina opened her mouth again. "Stop lying to me please, I'm not that stupid."

Jimin had to look away to hide his tears.

I simply looked down onto the ground, feeling ashamed at myself.

For breaking Jina's small and fragile heart.

"Jina, we were just about to tell you the truth." I said calmly as I looked at her again. "And yes, you're right. None of the appas are your real appa."

"Jieun-ah." Jimin slowly shook his head, but I wasn't going to stop.

It was too late to try to pretend anyways.

Taking a deep breath, I gazed into her eyes which were glistening with tears. "Your real appa passed away before you were born."

At that, I watched Jina's mouth drop as streams of tears flowed down her face, drip by drip, the tears fell, dampening the ground.

"I hate all of you!" Jina yelled, and before I could even react, she zoomed past me, her small body knocking onto my leg as she ran away.

"Jina!" Both Jimin and I exclaimed in fear and shock, our eyes trailing after the small girl running across the street recklessly.

Just then, a strident car honk appeared out of nowhere, and that was when I realized, that a bright red car was honking at my daughter as it tried it's best to slow down it's speed.

I heard Jimin blurt out a string of colourful profanities when Jina froze on her spot and turned her head to watch the car approach her instead.

The both of us immediately charged towards her as the car's honk got louder the nearer it got, and suddenly, I was pushed out of the way by the guy next to me.

From the corner of my eyes, as I stumbled, I watched Jimin leap towards to where Jina was and wrapped his arms around her-

And, crash.

It felt as if my world had stopped moving when my legs gave out, causing me to fall onto the ground.

"No no no no-" I mumbled as sobs started to erupt from my throat, my limbs crawling towards where both Jimin and Jina were at.

The owner of the car was cursing and yelling at us when he exited the car, but instantly zipped his mouth shut when he saw the pool of blood that was already forming around Jimin.

"Someone call the ambulance!" I heard someone cry out in panic, and I knelt down next to Jimin who had his eyes fluttered shut, along with a trembling Jina still embraced tightly in his arms.

"J-Jimin." I stammered, and dared myself to touch his bloodied face.

Vibrant red blood was oozing out from his mouth and nostrils.

"Yah, w-wake up." I cried while gently shaking his arm, but he wasn't moving at all. "Park Jimin!"

I didn't know how much time had passed as I cried my hearts out while clutching onto Jimin's shirt that was also stained with blood.

"Eomma."

Hearing her scared voice, I snapped back to reality when my eyes landed on Jina who was bawling uncontrollably while glancing at me.

"Baby, don't cry." I pulled her into a hug tightly, hiding her face on my shoulder, not wanting her to witness the medical team carrying an unconscious Jimin into the ambulance.

"I'm scared." Jina sobbed, and I knew I had to be strong for her.

"Everything will be okay. Don't cry now." I patted her back while following the medical team to enter the ambulance as well, with me still blocking Jina from looking at her surrounding.

-

Why do i always make jimin go thru all sorts of accidents and whatnots in my stories lmao im so mean but I SWEAR I MEAN NO HARM I LOVE THIS MOCHI WAY TOO MUCH

And btw, i hope your brain isnt confused by the amount of Ji(s) in this chapter.