Twelve - Sacrifice

Jina, five years old

Jimin's POV

The moment I opened my eyes, I flinched at the brightness and whiteness of the place I was in.

Scanning the pristine white area I was in, I noticed myself still dressed in the clothings I was wearing, however, not a single speck of blood was seen stained on it.

As I was observing my own fingers, my head snapped upwards when I heard a familiar chuckle whom I had not heard for a few years now.

My jaw dropped when I saw him.

Dressed in a white sweater along with white pants and shoes, his dashing smile was plastered on his handsome face as he waved his hand at me.

"How are you, Jiminnie?"

"Yoseob!" I cried out in excitement, my feet leading me to rush towards where he was standing at.

"Be careful-"

Bang!

I groaned as I fell backwards, my butt landing on the floor when I knocked onto something that was obviously invisible to my eyes.

Laughing, Yoseob shook his head. "Still the same old careless Jimin I've known."

Stretching out my hands, I placed my palms onto the invisible wall separating me and him, and a confused look formed on my face.

"What is this? Why can't I go to you?" I questioned.

"That's because you're not supposed to be here, Jimin." He stated sternly, the playfulness in his voice dissipating away.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

Pointing at the barrier, Yoseob sighed. "It's not your time to die yet, Jimin."

"What? Die?" I widened my eyes at his words.

And that was when it hit me.

"No, wait. Am I in heaven?" I choked on a sob.

"No, you're not. Jimin, do me a favour and return back to the world to take care of Jieun and Jina for me, please. I beg you and the other guys." He suddenly said, his eyes teary with the corners of his lips twitching upwards a tiny weeny bit. "I miss her so much. And our little girl."

I followed his gaze to where he was staring at, and raised my eyebrows as we watched Jieun and the other guys surrounding my sleeping body on the bed.

"I can't thank you guys for all you've done in my place. I'm not lucky enough to be there to witness my daughter's growth and give her the love she deserves." He said with a sad smile before turning to look at me. "So please, take care of her and Jieun please."

I panicked when I saw his form fading away, like how glitches worked. "Where are you going?!"

"Take good care for them please, and I thank you for doing that." He smiled one last time, and with that, I shrieked when a sudden darkness enveloped me and swallowed me in whole.

My eyes shot wide opened as I gasped for air the second my consciousness had returned.

"Jimin!" I heard one of the guys exclaimed, and soon, I was surrounded by my friends who were now grinning radiantly at me, their eyes glistening with tears.

"Go away, you guys stink." I joked, and they laughed, the tension instantly lifted up and thrown far far away.

"You gave us a good scare, Park Jimin." Seokjin tapped the end of his pen on my cheek with his eyebrows furrowed. "Jieun has been crying nonstop for the past three days."