Nineteen - Boyfriend

Jina, nineteen years old

Jina's POV

As I stared at my own reflection in the mirror, I cringed mentally at how prominent my dark eye circles were from the lack of sleep I experienced last night.

I was particularly nervous about today's weekly gathering with my dads, and despite getting reassured countless times from my mum saying that everything would be fine...

I knew it would just be nothing but a figment of my imagination for everything to be fine.

But one can hope right?

After entering college, I started dating a boy who was in the same class as me.

Kyungsoo was his name.

He was a quiet boy; always seen sitting at the front row with his glasses perched nicely on top of his nosebridge and was one of the top students in the class.

A group project brought us closer, as we were the only two who were actually worried about the assignment, and small talks eventually turned into longer ones, and I found myself constantly waiting for his messages and calls at times.

My mum was the only one who knew about him, and I begged her not to let my dads know about Kyungsoo.

My boyfriend was a good guy, but ever since the incident with that good-for-nothing Jaehyung, the overprotectiveness my dads had on me multiplied by a gazillion times.

And today, would be the first time to introduce Kyungsoo to my dads.

My mum had managed to convince me that I would eventually need to tell them about him, and suggested that today's gathering would be the best time to announce it.

When I had told Kyungsoo about it, he freaked out knowing how many dads I had and how protective they were.

I couldn't blame him though.

Normally people would just need to face only one father, but in his shoes...

Not so much.

My thoughts were disrupted by a series of soft knocks on my door, and I grinned at my mum who was smiling warmly at me when she unlocked the door.

"Kyungsoo is downstairs. Please calm the poor boy down, he's been trembling nonstop since entering our house." She said with a laugh.

"Alright." I chuckled nervously before hopping downstairs, and felt my heart pump erratically at how adorable Kyungsoo was looking today.

He was dressed like how he usually would, but his face was as pale as a sheet of paper, causing me to start laughing when I spotted him staring at a family portrait we had on our table. The photo was taken during my graduation back then, with our bright smiles all plastered happily on our faces.

"Jina!" He greeted with a cute smile, and I wasted no time to run into his opened arms.

Miraculously, he had stopped shivering as I hugged him tighter, our hands entwined, but however, our little moment was quickly disturbed by the front door slamming opened harshly.

"Who was that!" I heard my mum scream as she trudged towards the door, and I laughed when I heard Jungkook oppa's little whine of pain after receiving a deathly whack on the arm from my mum.

"Serves you right for doing that." Areum, Jungkook oppa's girlfriend threw him a glare as she walked into the living room. And as soon as her eyes shifted towards me, and then the boy who immediately tensed up next to me, she let out a gasp before jumping in joy. "Jina!!!"