Twenty-Two - Taehyung appa

Jina, 22 years old

Taehyung's POV

I woke up feeling energetic and bubbly today.

Greeting my little pet dog who was still sleeping at the corner of my bed, his brownish black fur curled into a ball of fur, I hummed along to a song as I prepared myself for the day to go to work.

"Appa will be going to work, you stay home okay?" I spoke to my dog who simply threw me a lazy glance before shutting his eyes closed again to resume his nap on the ground.

I smiled happily at my workers as I entered the main branch of my restaurant, and plopped down on my seat inside my built-in office, readying myself for some of the paperworks I had been procrastinating to handle since a few days ago.

A knock was what had made me lift my head from the papers, and after telling whoever it was to come in, I lifted an eyebrow at the manager who bowed before giving me a sheepish look.

"Sir... we need you outside." He explained briefly, and I sighed.

"What happened?" I asked while following him out, and heard someone arguing, their tones evidently upset and mad.

There was a woman with a man, faces red as they kept shouting insults at each other, determined to bring each other down in my restaurant.

"Excuse me, is there something wrong?" I faked a polite smile as I approached their table, startling them both, making them to snap their heads at me before frowning.

"It's none of your business." The man rudely replied.

Hearing that, I chuckled dryly, and I could only imagine my workers shivering in fear because their boss was never easily mad at someone, unless the reason was plainly stupid and nonsensical.

"It is my business as you and your girlfriend are disturbing my other customers in my restaurant." I lifted the edges of my mouth, eyes curving, and that was enough to make their eyes go wide. "Please leave, the bill will be on us."

After saying that, I turned around swiftly with my hands inside my pockets now, and walked towards the main door before opening the door for them myself.

"Please, leave." I spoke sternly once again, and as I watched the embarrassed couple storm out, what I wasn't expecting was for the guy to throw a strong punch onto my face, hitting my right eye as a collective of gasps emerged around me.

My manager was soon by my side, with him yelling at the other workers to bring iced clothes, and just when I was about to tell him that I would manage it myself, a familiar voice called for me.

"Appa!"

Before I could even greet Jina with my signature grin, she was already rushing towards me and gasped in shock when she saw my freshly gifted bruise.

"Who did this to you?!" She was angry, I could tell. "Was it the couple who ran out just now?"

Chuckling, I patted her head, eyes telling my workers to return back to their works. "Hey hey, calm down. I'm fine."

Fortunately, it was still before the normal rush hour when this incident happened, so I didn't need to handle way too many shocked customers.

"How are you fine? Whoever that bastard was, I'm gonna give him a good punch-"

"Kwon Jina. Language." I scolded, and that instantly made her shut up while giving me her puppy eyes as she walked next to me towards the counter.

"I'm sorry. I was just mad.. you know how important you are to me, appa. You, the other appas and eomma." She pouted.

I laughed. "I know. The bruise is gonna be ugly but I'll be okay soon. Why are you here though?"