Tryouts

As days went by, now that the ball was over, the Quidditch matches were the next most talked topic in the whole school. For the school team, Hogwarts was going to have a selection from the four houses Quidditch teams. All the houses were practicing extra hard since only seven players could be chosen.

Harry, Hermione and Ginny had not made up with Ron yet. They couldn't meet Ron because each of them were very busy in their own work.

Harry, Ginny and Hermione decided to go to the Gryffindor common room.
The Gryffindor common room was bustling with excitement.

"Hey Ginny!"

"How are you keeping, Harry?"

"Hermione, it's been some time since you came in here!"

The three of them grinned, looking around. They were extremely happy to be back here.

"We were just talking about the selection today. Wondering who'd make it, who'll probably not." Said Dean Thomas.

"Oh. Can we join?" Asked Harry.

"Of course!" Said Seamus.

The three of the sat down.

"So, I'm sure you're going to make it to the team, Harry." Said Thomas.

Harry shrugged. "Malfoy's there too. And he's pretty good."

"That's true, but you're better than him. Make sure you get selected."

"And who else? I mean, Summerby will make the team. He's one awesome beater." Said Ginny.

"Yeah, but what about Quinnah? She and her brother are excellent beaters." Said Harry.

Ginny nodded. "They are one excellent pair."

Quinnah and her brother blushed.

"What about Cho? She can play chaser and seeker well." Said Hermione.

Everyone turned to her. "How do you know?"

"What, it's not like I come to Quidditch games for reading books. I mean, come on, people!" Hermione said, humorously. They laughed.

"Cho's not bad. Actually, she's pretty good. She has a good Chance of making it to the team." Said Dean.

"What about Hannah Abott? She's a good chaser too." Said Seamus.

"But she needs to be on the loosing team to make sure she scores." Said Ginny. "We can't risk that."

"What about Blaise? I mean, he's captain and all, but I still feel Theodore Nott is better than him at being a chaser." Said Quinnah.

"That's only because you like him." Said Parvati Patail.

"Shut up." Quinnah said, blushing slightly.

"But she's got a point; Nott's way better than Zabini." Said Ginny.

"That's true. What about you, Ginny?" Said Hermione. "You're a pretty good chaser. I think you have a chance on the team as much as Harry."

The others nodded.

"I think Ron would be a good Keeper." Piped Lavender Brown suddenly.