The twist

"This is bloody stupid!"

"Oh shut up, Ron." Said Ginny.

Ginny and Ron were coming back from thr gryffindor common room, after talking to some of their classmates to provide them with alibi if they got caught.

"I don't like the idea, Ginny." Dean admitted.

"Neither do I," said Ron. "It's bloody stupid, I tell you!"

"No one asked for your opinion." Said Ginny, blatantly. "You never liked him anyway."

Ron rolled his eyes. "He deserves so much worse."

Dean and Seamus had agreed to cover for them.

"But I don't know for how long, Gin. It's hard as it is, with McGonagall on patrol."

"McGonagall's on patrol!?"

Seamus nodded.

"She seems suspicious of something, no idea what, though."

Ginny and Ron shared a look.

"We'll be careful."

Meanwhile, Hermione and Harry went to Neville and Luna.

"I don't know, Harry. Don't think anyone would be comfortable if you'd to go into a Death Eater's house. And to rescue someone who, might I add, doesn't want to be rescued." Said Neville.

Luna nodded.

"But the school isn't even making an effort!" Said Hermione.

"Maybe it's because it was orchestrated. Maybe, McGonagall knew." Said Luna.

Ginny snorted. "Yeah. That's likely."

Luna nodded earnestly. "I'm serious, Ginny. Tell her, Harry."

Harry gave a weak smile. "Well, to be honest, Luna, I really doubt McGonagall would risk lives of any-"

"But nobody was injured seriously. And, Ministry came in just a few minutes later, didn't they?"

Harry looked at Hermione. She avoided his gaze.

"Well, Hogwarts is..  um, efficient!" She said.

Luna shrugged. "Well if you ask me, something's fishy. But I'll leave that to your better judgement."

Hermione took a sip from her flask.

"Well I hope you don't spoil you throat again, Hermione." Joked Neville.

"Oh c'mon, I ate only about a few dozen ice creams!"

The group laughed.

"Ron couldn't believe you are without him." Said Neville. "The look on his face was priceless!"

Harry nodded. "In fact, we all didn't even know you had so many!"

Hermione winked at them. "Suprise?"

Harry shook his head. "Anyway," he said, getting up with Hermione "Thanks guys. We really owe this to you."

Neville and Luna hugged them. "Just be safe, okay?"

Hermione gave a small stone to them.

"If it glows, we're in danger and can't come out, okay?"

Luna and Neville nodded.

"Well then, Hermione and me must be off."

......

Harry dragged Hermione to the astronomy tower.

"You know something."

Hermione's eyes widened. "I'm not sure I understand-"

"What are we getting ourselves into, Hermione?"

Hermione raised her eyebrows. "I'm sorry but, what?"

Harry turns to her. "You know something about the attack, don't you?"

Hermione sighed. "Look, Harry-"

"Just please..." He said, frustrated. "Tell me the truth?"

Hermione nodded. "I found it odd. How was it that they attacked the school, no actual damage, no one dead, no one even seriously injured, only to be expecting to find me at the Slytherin common room?"

Harry slowly shook his head.

"So your saying that he knew?"

Hermione nodded.

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"And we're trying to save him because?"

Hermione looked at Harry with an expression Harry could swear he's never seen before.

"Who said we're saving him?"

Harry looked at Hermione intently. Odd, he thought. She's.. different. More.. fierce. Malfoy really did a job on her. But be wasn't sure if it was a good one.

Hermione took another sip from her flask. "We should get going. I wonder what's holding up Ginny and Ron." She said.

Harry nodded. "Aren't they late." He muttered.

"Maybe we should just leave them-"

"Are you mad-"

Just then, McGonagall walked in.

"And where, pray, do you think you are going, Granger and Potter?"

"No-nowhere, Professor McGonagall!" Said Hermione.

Professor McGonagall's face was unreadable. "Good. Because I don't want you missing your Occulmency classes. Especially you, Hermione. Given all the danger you're in-"

"Wait, hold on, Occlumency?"

Professor McGonagall frowned. "Did you forget, miss Granger?"

Hermione shook her head furiously. "No, of course not."

"I thought so." Professor McGonagall gently nudged them forward. "Now, go to my office. The Weaseleys are waiting for you there."

If Ronald was caught he may have even told McGonagall the bloody plan, she thought. What am I going to do now?

Hermione and Harry walked infront of the Professor. She seemed angry, but calm at the same time.

Hermione and Harry exchanged uneasy glances.

This was so not going to end well.

.....

The Lestrange house was quiet. Except from the occasional scream, of course.

"Tell me," She hissed. "What gave you the NERVE? You filthy mudblood?"

Hermione cried in pain. "Please," She said. "I didn't do anything-"

"Liar!" She screamed at her. "Which spell is he under?" She carved the final 'd' on Hermione's hand. "TELL ME!"

Hermione sobbed for so long. Tired, she fell unconscious.

"Tsk, tsk. No matter. Your friends will be arriving soon." She said, looking at Hermione. "No matter at all."