Getting the facts

It took a few days for things to settle down; the news of Hermione getting stabbed spread like wildfire. Hermione got into series of lectures from almost everyone for sneaking out- Draco was praised.

When Hermione finally came out, she had to sware not to go anywhere alone.

"I swear, Professor. I'm sorry." She said, embarassed.

Professor McGonagall looked at her angrily. "I hope you mean it, Hermione. It is too dangerous now." And with that, Professor McGonagall left her with Harry, Ginny, Draco, and Ron.

"Well," said Ron, crossing his arms, "I hope you understood, Hermione."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I did, Ronald. I do not need another lecture." She said, frustrated.

Harry's eyebrows furrowed. Ginny put her hand on his shoulder. "Just- whenever you're going to sneak out, just take us with you." She said.

Then she sighed.

"But did you find anything?"

Hermione shook her head. "I'm not sure, Harry. But I think," she said, pulling out a book, "That we may have a lead."

She pointed to the title of the book.

Draco raised an eyebrow. "The Book of Cancer?"

Hermione nodded.

Ron and Harry exchanged looks. "So?"

Ginny took the book. "I think it the book in which the spell was ripped off."

"Yes," Hermione said, seriously.

After a moment of silence, Ron spoke.

"Now what?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Said Hermione.

Everyone looked at her.

"We go straight to the source, of course."

......

Professor Dumbledore frowned. "But why, might I ask, do you have to go and search for that spell?" He asked.

Hermione looked nervous. She didn't actually intend to look for the spell; she intended on finding the stone.

"Truth is sir, we only want to find-" she said, realising how foolish she was going to sound "- the Resurrection Stone that Harry, um, dropped somewhere in the Forbidden Forest."

Dumbledore's mouth twitched. "And with no avail?"

Hermione shook her head.

Professor McGonagall stepped in to explain. "They have, in fact, been investigating, which of course led to Miss Grangers attack last week."

Professor McGonagall stepped closer to the portrait, speaking softly so as to not be heard.

They continued talking before Aberforth stepped forward.

"Albus," he said "No. Do not make that same mistake again."

Dumbledore turned his attention to him.

"We don't have a choice, Frank sent the message. You know it too."

Aberforth frowned. "What makes you think you can trust the Cullens?"

Dumbledore smiled. "They would not risk coming here if it wasn't important, Aberforth."

Aberforth slammed the desk in anger.

"You're gambling lives again, like you did with Ariana! I will not be apart of this!"
He said before leaving the room.

Silence followed.