1000 years

Not a soul moved. Not a sound was heard. He hid under the fallen willow, alert; ready to attack anyone who came too close to it.

He was sure that someone would come. After all, he thought, they know that the resurrection stone is hidden here.

But no one came. At least, no one he expected.

The thundering of hooves scared him. But he knew that his brother was good to them, so they should be good to me too, I think.

The thundering of hooves came to a screeching halt just beyond the willow.

"We have arrived." He simply said.

Aberforth took a deep breath as he stepped out.

"Greetings," he said, unsure of himself. "I am-"

"Have you found it?" A centuar simply said, cutting him off.

Aberforth nodded as he held out his hand.

"How did you find it?" A centuar asked.

Aberforth looked doubtful. "Apparently they risk it not by keeping it with themselves." He said carefully. "They hid it in the lake."

The centuar nodded. "One of us warned them that another good-natured wizard would find it if it was with them." He said, "I'm astounded that they listened."

Aberforth nodded. "Here," he said. "Take it."

A younger Centuar laughed. "What do you want us to do with it?"

"Reverse the spell done." He said simply.

The younger one let out a cry. "You must be absolutely mad!"

Aberforth frowned. "What do you mean?"

The older centaur narrowed his eyes. "How is it that whenever you need our help, we have to serve you wizards, but you never have respected us! And now you dare ask our help?"

"Minerva asked me to come here," He said suddenly. "There are issues in Hogwarts."

"We know," Said the Centuar. "She has already come in. I told you, the stars never lie."

"Who has come in?"

"Why do we have to tell you?" Asked the youngest centaur. "We do not owe the wizards anything at all."

Aberforth looked lost. "We're sorry." He said at last.

The group fell silent.

Then the oldest spoke.

"For the sake of everything you've tried to do to make our lives better, we will tell you.

"Your lady student has been kidnapped. Another has taken her place with the use of Polyjuice potion. Pity, she was a kind girl."

Aberforth was worried. "Who?"

The centuar shook his head. "Minerva will know."

Aberforth nodded. "Alright, now can you please help me with the stone?"

The centaurs looked at each other.

"You come here with a great favour. It is too much for us to fulfill it."

"Please understand," Aberforth pleaded. "We cannot have a second war."

"He who must not be named is not coming back. You may rest assured."

"But isn't Bellatrix Lestrange back?"

The older Centaur stepped forward. "It is in no way concerning us. She will not disturb us. What you've come to ask is too much. It claims a high price."