Truth unfolds

If it could all be undone, he would undo it. Rewind to the past, never come back to Hogwarts if it meant keeping her safe.

Why must life be so cruel? He thought as he swam through time.

Every memory of her slowed itself down, dragging on longer than it lasted, as if it were teasing him.

You can see her, but you will never reach her... This is your fate; this is your punishment.

Punishment, he thought. For who? For me, who came close to her, or for her, who became close to me?

He pushed away his thoughts as he was saw the light - it looked like the future; It looked promising but-

"Draco," it said softly. "Oh, Draco."

"Huh?" He said confused.

"Wake up, will you?"

"Who-"

"WAKE UP!!" It screamed.

Draco's eyes shot open as soon as soon as he heard the scream. Cold sweat dripped from his forehead. He looked around but no one was in his room.

He sighed as he sat up.

"Feeling better, nephew?"

Draco turned his head sharply towards the voice. His face became serious all of a sudden.

Bellatrix jumped from the shelf she was sitting on, nearly on Draco. He moved swiftly to the side.

"Ah, I see your feeling better already."

Draco scowled. "What do you want?"

Bellatrix feigned shock as she put her hands over her mouth. "What did I do to my poor nephew that got him mad at his auntie?"

"You-" he started, but stoped himself, realising the mistake he was about to make. But for some reason, Bellatrix looked dismayed that he stopped so abruptly.

"Yes?" She asked sweetly.

"Nothing."

Despite the rising anger she was feeling, she smiled sweetly and patted the seat next to her, motioning him to sit.

Draco refused and asked where his mother was.

"Oh, I've sent Cissy to my house," she said, dragging Draco to sit next to her.

"Come on Draco, can't you even sit next to auntie?"

Draco pulled his arm away as he sat.

"Ah, nothing like that aunt Bella. I just want to talk to mother."

"Don't worry about her." She said dismissively. "She's cleaning up the mess my plaything made," and seeing his ears perk up she continued, "You know, with the blood everywhere."

Just like she predicted, he started fidgeting.

"Ahhh," he said, "I must meet her urgently. She would want to know how I- AHH!"

Bellatrix pulled Draco to the bed, pining him down, with a wand pointing to him.

"If you don't want me to cast Imperio on you, do as I tell you. Understood?"

"Auntie-"

"Don't try and play with me right now, Draco dear," she said dangerously. "You and I both know what you're thinking."

"You- you performed Occlumency!"

Bellatrix chuckled. "Of course I did." She poked her wand on Draco's neck. "Guess what I found?"