Chapter 3

When the last bell rang for the day, I was more than happy to go back home.

My brothers and I were going to join a video call as soon as I got home. Andrew, my eldest brother had informed me through a text message only an hour ago. Suddenly excited, I got out of my seat as soon as the final bell rang and pulled Ryder – who had gotten to the class late – along with me, zealous to get home as soon as possible. Also, I didn't want to cross paths with Violet again. Ryder slung an arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer to him protectively as we wrestled past enthusiastic students who were also hurrying back home. Kyra was with her asshat of a boyfriend, Nate, so we didn't bother waiting up for her.

"Let's make a pit stop at my locker," Ryder mumbled, pulling me along with him.

I shrugged, letting him drag me along like a rag doll, "Okay."

"I never asked for your permission," he smirked down at me teasingly.

"I know," I rolled my eyes at him, "That's because you are an egotistical jerk."

"Aw," he poked my cheek with his free hand that wasn't around my shoulder and grinned at me, "I love you too."

I swatted his hands away from me, but couldn't control that upward curving of my lips knowing very well that he means it when he says that he loves me. We stopped at his locker and as soon as he opened it there was this weird smell filling my nose. Onion rings? What? I looked inside his locker, searching for the source of the smell, but my eyes widened. Forget the Onion rings, what the hell was that?

I stepped forward and gingerly picked up a cloth that was inside his locker. Ryder glanced at me, then at the cloth in my hand, contemplating something. And then, I don't know what he thought, he simply shrugged going back to looking into his locker. I looked closer at the cloth in my hand and it took me a few seconds to realize what it was that I was holding. It was his boxer. A noise of disgust escaped my mouth and I threw the boxer back into his locker, backing up a little from Ryder looking at him like he was a virus.

Remind me to sanitize my hand, will you?

"Why the hell are you having that in your locker?"

He rolled his eyes at me. As if I was overreacting. "That's my lucky boxer."

"What is it doing inside your locker?"

"Well, my brother was trying to steal it from me," he shrugged, "So I hid it inside my locker."

"Your brother was trying to steal your boxer?" I gave him an incredulous look.

He nodded, opening a book, and then immediately closing it, "Yup!"

Have I told you that the Daniels brothers are weird? Yup, they are too weird.

I knew Ryder and Axel were close, but I didn't know they were this close. They apparently stole each other's boxers and they fought like they were raised by a pack of wolves. The only thing that I like about them is the fact that they make up almost immediately after any fight. They fight each other as every sibling do – sometimes even worse than normal, but then the next minute I see them, they will both be sitting together happily on the couch killing a pack of gummy bears with their mouth.

"Hey, Harper."

Speak of the devil and it shall appear!

I turned around and came face to face with Axel Daniels, Ryder's older brother. He was now in Year 12 and was also our school's biggest jerk. He was arrogant, conceited, cocky, and unbelievably handsome. He definitely had an effect on every girl in this school – including me – and he very well knew it.