Chapter 41

We stayed in New Zealand for the next two days, celebrating with my brother the fact that he was now a high school graduate. We met few of his friends, some of whom Andrew didn't approve of but it is not a problem anyway because their high school life was already done and I doubt they are all close enough to stay in contact. Even if they did, it was Aaron's choice whether to be friends with them or not. If he liked them as his friends, who was going to stop him?

I, Luke and my other brothers stayed in the hotel for those two days, going over to our Aunt's place for lunch every afternoon – the Aunt who took in Aaron. We did go sightseeing a little through the city, but not much, mostly because we did not have time to do that.

Aaron had thrown a fit when he had learned that we were planning a vacation to Andrew's place and that we were going to stay there for the next couple of weeks. Even though I had promised that I will be the one to tell Aaron about the trip, Ethan was the brave one who sacrificed himself to our brother's wrath. On my defense, I did talk to him into the trip later and calm him down. It was a relatively easy task when compared to Ethan's because Aaron didn't even bat an eyelash before saying that he will go on the trip – he was even grinning when he did.

When it was time for our vacation that we had planned to start, we had took a flight from New Zealand to Melbourne first and then from Melbourne to Tasmania continuously. I was sitting in the window seat with Luke sitting next to me, while Andrew and David sat together; that left Aaron and Ethan to sit together behind us. Judging by the constant sound of talking and laughing from behind me I don't think Aaron minded sitting next to Ethan.

Halfway through the flight, my back was aching with the amount of time I had been sitting in the seat and my muscles felt cramped. I was going to need a good amount of sleep. It was already mid-night and everyone was already sleeping, except for me. I was trying to get some sleep but to no avail.

"What's wrong?" Luke whispered, frowning at me in concern, "You have been squirming a lot."

I didn't know he was awake too. I thought that he would have been long asleep. I winced as I turned to face him, "My spine hurts."

He smiled a little, "Come with me."

He raised a hand for me to take and I didn't even hesitate before slipping my hand into his. He pulled me up and out of my seat before proceeding to silently drag me down the plane in the direction of the restrooms. I frowned, not knowing what he was doing but I didn't question a word of his action as I let him pull me inside a restroom and lock the door.

I frowned at him as he locked the door and turned to look at me, "What are you doing?"

"I expected that question to come out of your mouth," he said, taking a step towards me making my eyes widen. I immediately as if on instinct took a step back and away from him.

"What are you doing?" I repeated, this time looking at him with a panicked expression on my face.

Luke laughed, shaking his head at me, "Relax, I am not going to kiss you, if that's what you were freaking out about."

"Funny, you would say that after initiating a kiss between us twice," I blurted out and then immediately bit my tongue as I looked at him with wide eyes.

Luke looked amused as he cocked his head to the side, "Are my skillful lips and tongue haunting your dreams?"

I scrunched my nose as I frantically shook my head, "No! I was just saying."

Luke laughed, his eyes crinkling with happiness, "Don't worry, princess. I am not going to initiate another kiss with you. You have to work hard to feel my lips against yours again," he joked. Or at least I hope he did.