Chapter 45

Have you had one of those moments where you want to just disappear or better yet make the other person disappear? I was living in one of those moments now. I, so badly wanted the ground to open up and swallow me completely or better yet, I wanted to spend this vacation with my brothers, so let the ground swallow up Luke instead.

We were kissing.

This was humiliating because the moment his lips touched mine, all rational thoughts fell out of my head and I was immediately kissing him back. My lips moved in sync with his as we kissed. There can be no other thing in this world that I would find as thrilling as it was as kissing Luke.

Luke had some kind of magic in his lips; when they touched mine, my thoughts become a jumble and I was left blank. I should push him away and shout at him for he did, for what he was doing, but I couldn't. I was already arrested by his lips and I can only get my free will back after he decides to pull away. For right now, all I could think about were his lips. Every single time.

Luke arms tightened around my waist as he hoisted me up from the ground, my arms around his neck tightening in return, as my legs wound up around his hips. I felt Luke walking backwards and before I knew it, he was sitting somewhere with me straddling his lap.

I pulled away from the kiss first when I ran out of breath and found us sitting in one of the booths in the shop. I rested my forehead against his, thinking about what just happened. I wanted to get out of his lap and run as far away from my best friend as possible, but I couldn't do it – not when he was having his hand inside my t-shirt drawing gentle circular patterns on the small of my back.

Both our ragged breathing slowly decreased and just as our breathing returned to almost normal, he lunged at my lips again, kissing me with a roughness that had me moaning and tugging him even closer to me than before. Our tongues battled for dominance and I had an inkling of doubt that he was letting me win. I tugged at the back of his hair, making him groan inside my mouth.

"Don't hold back," I whispered against his lips rocking my hips slightly against his.

I don't know where I was getting all my confidence from, but something inside me has seemed to have snapped the moment his lips touched mine with passion. I liked it.

Luke let out another groan inside my mouth and it sent an electric current straight to my core. His hands traveled from my waist down to my butt as he cupped one in his hands and squeezed, leaning forward as he kissed me like the world was going to end today.

A fire was building up inside my core and I know for a fact that I was extremely turned on. At this moment I didn't care that I was turned on by my best friend. I didn't care that my best friend and I were kissing and I also didn't care that this kiss could change a lot of things between him and me.

All I cared at this moment was how this kiss made me feel like the only girl living.

We kissed for another few minutes which felt like hours to us. Our lips moving in sync as our tongues battled each other, our teeth clashing as we kissed. The passion was strong. Too strong. I cannot believe that my best friend could unleash this kind of a desire inside of me. It was shocking because I have not felt this with Axel and I had thought I was in love with him.

"Luke Warrens," someone called and Luke groaned pulling away from me.

My breathing was as heavy as his was and we were looking at each other. My arms around his neck tightened. I didn't want him to go. Whoever it was, who was calling him can wait.

"Our slushy order is here," he whispered, his lips slightly brushing against mine.

A delicious shiver traveled down my spine and my breathing hitched when I looked into his eyes and found the lust that was driving both of us crazy. I wanted to feel his lips against mine, one last time, before we went to get our slushy.