°•°• 3 •°•°

Tsuna works extra hard for his missing days, and honestly he felt rather tired than usual. But the thought of the smiles that would greet him when he's back... boy, the exhaustion just flew off the window. He drove back with silly grin lacing on his face.

--though, the smile morphed into a shock when he saw how the house is...

"What in the seven sea is going on here?!"

The living room has paints and glitters all over, the microwave seemed like it's just exploded, and the children couldn't be seen anywhere.

"Kids? Dino-san?" Tsuna called as he ran all around, room to room, searching for any sign of them with utter panic.

10 minutes has passed... still nothing.

Tsuna reached for his phone, hands shaking at the thought of the kids' evil step dad kidnapping them when he's away. Even worse, when he found that Dino's phone is lying innocently under the sofa. He was about to call the police when he remembers that he couldn't. He slouchs down on the ground when he realized just how helpless he is...

'NoNoNoNoNoNo... I should have called for someone stronger, or even better, I should have stayed home. What was I thinking?! Leaving the kids with the most clumsy guy on earth whilst knowing how there could be people-- dangerous people, wanting them dead. Oh god... what if they torture them for escaping before they decide to kill them? What if their mother also in trouble for sneaking them out??? And now Dino-san is involved...'

His breathing is rigid as he can feel his heart hammering against his ribs way too painful. He's having a panic attack...

'It's not the time to panic, I need to think off something--' but boy, how hard it is.

--He hadn't had it for years, and it's rather difficult to remember what his therapists had told him that last time of his meeting.

"--all is well... all is well... all is well..." Tsuna chanted as he tried his best to take a grip on his breathing pace. Slow down... he can fix this.

Tsuna was focusing on calming himself, so much that he didn't even hear the door open or even the sounds of rushing steps coming to his side.

Only after he felt, some pairs of small arms hugging him, that he realized that the kids are here with him. Wait... what?

"Y-You guys... You're all here." Tsuna eyed each one of them before then hugging the closest one-- which turns out, it was Kyoya-- eyes closed shut, body still shaking vigorously.

"Thank god, you're all okay. I-I really thought... I thought I'd lost you." He admitted in stutter, now Dino feels more than just bad.

"I'm sorry... I made a mistake and accidentally broke the microwave. So, uh-- since I can't just leave the kids here, all by themselves, I take them to buy a new one and we had our lunch outside too. We kind of lost tracks of time, I didn't to make you worry like this. I'm terribly sorry..." Dino apologized as Tsuna eyed him weakly, barely overcoming his attacks.

"I-It's okay... I shouldn't have jumped into conclusions. But next time, please give me a call. Or else I might die of a heart attack one of these days." It wasn't an empty talk, because Dino had witnessed it once, and it was not a pretty sight. If it hadn't for Enma's fast response, god forbids what could have happened. The blond can only nods dumbly.

"Papa is okay?" Lambo asked with trembling lips and glistening eyes as he voice out their concerns. His little palms cupped both of the young man's cheeks as brown orbs soften at the green ones.

Tsuna chuckled softly, "I'm fine, now, Lamb-Lamb. Just... don't ever disappear on me like that again, alright?" And that's it, Lambo wails as he muttered strings of apologies, Nagi and Takeshi followed after while the rest just looked down feeling more than just guilty.

Tsuna tried his best to calm them down, but he's extremely tired right now, the fatigue from the work and the attack he'd just experienced is taking a lot of him, he swore he could've passed out right there and then. But he know that he shouldn't worry his children anymore. And so, he pretended to be strong as he pushed through and continue his day.

They had a take out dinner for the night, Paid by the rich writer himself as apology for what had happened despite how Tsuna had forgiven him ages ago. I mean, how can he say no to a free food, right?

And only once they are finished that Dino excused himself for today, promising that he would come again tomorrow, mostly to clean up after the mess he made-- because apparently, it was his fault for tripping over the glitters and paints when the kids were doing some crafts-- Tsuna just let him do what he wants, heads began to get all foggy to think on anything.

"Alright, everyone, it's time to sleep..." Tsuna announced, some were whining that it was way too early. Takeshi, however, could see the fatigue clouding his papa's eyes no matter how the man tries his best to mask it with his smile.

"Okay, papa. We're going to bed now. But promise me that you should rest yourself, deal?" Tsuna chuckled but agreeing nevertheless.

Feeling content, Takeshi dragged his roommates to their room, ignoring their complaint, while the oldest three also walked to their own room.

That night, Tsuna didn't read them a bed time stories...

That night, the kids doesn't receive their good night kisses...

That night, Tsuna find himself passing out on the couch after a really long day...

It's one of the down moments for sure, and god, it's only had been their 5th days.

'Can I really do this?' Tsuna wondered, but then finding himself smiling fondly when he remembers how his children worried for him. And how he had felt when he worried for them.

The bonds between them is growing, fast and strong. In which, if he decided to just let go of them right now, it'll scar not just them, but also himself, For. Life. And Tsuna would rather die than letting that happen...