°•°• 20 •°•°

By the time he regained consciousness, his body felt heavy. His eyelids more over. He was so sure that someone glued his eyes with super glue or something of sort and internally cursing over the fact. It's tiring, okay? And he couldn't help the disappointment when all he saw was random blurs of colour instead of anything relatively near a shape. And just as he has predicted, his body easily gave in to the temptation as his eyes flustering shut once again.

Tsuna tried. Universe knows he's trying, but holy shrimps, why is it so hard to wake the frick up???

Attempting again every now and then he finally manage to opens his eyes and see the light. He saw someone, blond, tall, face not yet recognizable but he knows no one else with that feature, therefore he crooked out, "nii... san"

"You're impossible Tsukkun" he gave him a wry smile, not that the younger can tell.

"Go... men"

"-don't" He cuts in, finding his own hand running across the damped brown locks. "Just... recover Okay, dear otouto?"

"....kids?"

The older sighed a bit, of course he'll think about the others over himself, wholesomely predictable- if that's even a word.

"At school. The distraction is necessary." He offers another smile as he gently holds his free hand.

"Don't worry about them, alright? I promise we're doing our best on taking care of your precious ones" He fondly carress his cheek, "get well soon, baby brother. We miss you..."

Tsuna can hear the tint of sadness in his tone. Knowing the older, it was likely to be unintentional, and more of couldn't be helped. Given the situation, no one can blame him, really.

Admition of fear- must have been bad then if not extremely so.

What had happened to him anyway? Panic attack? Stroke? Heart attack? Cardiac arrests? Did he... die?

Inwardly sighing he understand one thing for sure, he need to apologize to everyone as soon he's able to. Obviously he gave them quite a scare.

Should he bake for them? Make a feast? Book a vacation? Gave them sweets? Gifts?

Well, which ever it will be, he'll think about it later. For now though? sleep sounds like an incredible idea.

At least he manage to hold a conversation. He proudly give himself a pat on the back for that.

-the next time he woke up it's been two days after that. Weekend apparently. Which explains on why there are so many people in his room.

His finger twitched a bit before he slowly opens his eyes, greeted with the sight of his friends- Byakuran, Dino, Enma, Haru, Kawahira; and his family- his brother, his children. All surrounding his bed.

"Minna...." He called out with a rusty voice, lips twitching to form a sheepish smile. In which, the younger ones had to held back... like, a lot... not to cry right there and then. Afterall that's likely to sadden their father more, and additional stress is the last thing he needed at the moment.

"I'm so-"

"Don't you dare" Emma threatens despite how his own guts twisting in guilt already, "it's not your fault" he strictly said.

Hearing and noticing who has spoken he later mutters out "But... the Sakura-" his general apology is now specified into the said event. He was, however, taken a back- pretty sure everyone does- when Kyoya snapped with a roar.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, OYAJI!!!" They all stiffed.

Twin trail of tears could be seen on his naturally pale face, anger, sadness, and raw desperation all mixed up in frenzy- a sight that not even Mukuro ever witnessed in all of his previous lives.

"Just... shut up already." The dark haired boy clenched his jaw so hard, some actually worried that it'll snap. The way his knuckles turned all white as he gripped the metal rail is also concerning.

"WE don't care about that stupid Sakura" he growls. And just so you know, HE was the one suggesting the idea. A rare request if not the only request the young skylark ever asked. Which is exactly why Tsuna has insisted on going and felt extremely bad that it got cancelled because of him.

"I don't care at all." He rasped more. "There are still many things we can do, many years of the same stupid event, many laughter and tears to be shared, many memories we can build.... But there's only one you" his voice quitens significantly despite how he despise on showing weakness- as if his damped cheeks isn't enough of blackmailing material- while he tried his best not to avert his gaze from the weak pair of Amber. He need make sure that his point across.

And to his relief, it worked.

They might not be able to visibly see it, but the boy's words has pierced through the brunet's heart and mind. It was painful. Possibly more than the pain he has half a month ago.

Although at the same time, he feels bad to admit that the warmness he gets makes his chest tightens with butterflies. a fond smile slipped off his lips while he's tearing up himself.

"You... care?" it's actually heart breaking to hear those words escaping the young father, even worse to witness how his eyes light up as he says, "Thank you" before he gave in to another slumber.

Short sentences. Yet as innocent as it might sounded- it hurts.

Is that what he's been thinking all this time? Did he sleep at night with that thought tainting his dream?

.

.

.

Was that his greatest fear...?

The way he smiles in what akin to deep relief after that confession wasn't what they're looking for to be the answer. Very well expected, considering that it's Tsuna that they're talking about- Nonetheless not the one that they wanted to see.

Oh Kami. "He's... such an idiot" Kyoya groaned as he uncharastically slouched and almost bang his head to the nearest wall.

To say, all who present couldn't agree more.