Date Night

Diana

It was the next day that he called. I didn't know the number and I didn't usually answer random ones but I assumed that it was Frederick.

"Hello,"

"Hi, Diana! This is Frederick Griffin." I smiled. I got up from my desk and sat on my bed.

"Hi,"

"So, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out sometime. Maybe tonight?"

"Uh," I racked my brain for anything I had planned. "I think tonight will work out."

"Just simple Mini Golf."

"Sounds fun,"

"If you want, we can make it a double date to make it less awkward."

"Why do you say awkward?"

"I have a touch of social anxiety. It would be nice if others were there,"

"So really, you're asking for this to be a double date,"

"I don't think my face can get any redder." I smiled.

"Who'd you have in mind?"

"Oh huh, I have a friend who asked if you had a cute roommate,"

"I do,"

"Perfect,"

"Pick me up at five?" I offered. I wanted to show confidence and not insecurity.

"Uh-huh alright, what's your address?" I told him after he found a pen and pad. "Alright, five o'clock. See you then," I couldn't help but feel like he was smiling his cute smile on the other end of the phone.

"Bye," I hung up and squealed. It was ten o'clock and I had a class in twenty minutes.

Later I told Lily about the blind date I got her set for. She complained about not knowing if Frederick's friend was even cute or not.

"I don't even know what to wear!" She complained as we both got ready.

"Jeans and a blouse, duh," I said as I slipped some light skinny jeans on. I went to my closet and grabbed a cute orange blouse off the hanger. I slipped some brown sandals on and pulled my hair back just a little. I went into the bathroom and my roommate frowned.

"You look good," She whined. I smiled as I put mascara and red lipstick on. Lily wore dark blue jeans and a striped black and white shirt. There was a knock at the door and I went and got it.

I opened the door and found Frederick standing with his hands in his pockets. He was wearing dark jeans with a two striped sweater that was dark red on the top and off white on the bottom. He wore a gray collared shirt under it. He must really like that kind of fashion. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I looked to the side of him and found a shy looking guy with curly brown hair that reached his shoulders. He wore light jeans with a denim jacket. He was cute and he was so my cousin's type.

"Hi," I shyly said. Frederick said hi back and once Lily was at my side he introduced his friend.

"This is Hunter Clemmings."

"And this is Lily Hokulani." I said with my hand. Lily was looking at Hunter and I knew immediately that they would hit it off.

We walked outside and Hunter introduced us to his Jeep. I leaned over to Frederick and whispered, "If I'd said no, what would we have driven?"

"Oh, I have a motorcycle," I stared wide-eyed at my date and he just nervously laughed. He has a bike? I asked myself. I guess there's a lot more to this nerdy boy that I don't know about.