Life Story

Diana

Aeron and I ate ice cream as we sat on the couch at my apartment watching Hostiles. Lily walked into the apartment looking incredibly relieved and tired.

"That test is over!" She said exhaustively.

"Shh!!!" Aeron and I said at the same time. We turned back and ignored my cousin's standoffish glare.

She came over and sat down next to us and I gave her my ice cream bowl. I looked at Aeron and he placed his own bowl on the coffee table and wrapped his arm around me. I cuddled into him and placed my arm across his lower stomach.

I'm glad Aeron is enjoying a movie. Every time he wants to watch one we go over to my place. I realized that he wasn't into silly movies like Hot Rod but into stuff like crime and guns and action. More serious movies. I didn't mind. I kind of appreciated a serious guy.

The movie soon ended and I looked up at Aeron. He smiled down at me and wiped away a tear that had slipped from my eye during the last ending minutes of the native movie.

"Now it's eight times that we've seen that one." I said. Aeron chuckled and Lily gaped at us.

"That movie is horrible and sad!" She said standing up. "How can you watch that over and over again?"

Aeron shrugged. I followed suit and Lily rolled her eyes.

"Diana, I think one month dating this guy has really changed you into a maniac." Aeron stiffened at her words. I placed a hand on his knee and caressed it until his muscles relaxed.

Aeron could definitely be seen as a crazy person because of all the issues he has. It's not his fault though. He and I have come a long way over the course of a month and I'm so proud of him. He takes his medication, he's been able to control Frederick, and he smiles and laughs so much more than he used to.

I convinced him to finish school and I've helped him remember everything Frederick learned. I learned that Frederick could remember everything Aeron saw so I was able to open the barrier for Aeron.

He still refuses to see a psychiatrist or therapist claiming that none of them would have been able to help him the way I have.

I got up after patting my boyfriend's leg and walked over to Lily who was now in the kitchen, with the ice cream bowls.

"Hey, you can't say that kind of stuff around him." I said to her as she reached into the fridge for the jug of milk.

"Not my fault your boyfriend's so touchy feely." She grabbed a glass and poured herself some milk. I placed the dishes in the sink.

"He's not touchy feely." I said but sternly. "He can't help it."

"Then take him to a mental doctor or something."

"Why are you so mean to him lately?"

"I'm not," she said defensively, putting the jug of milk back. "I just ... just something seems odd about him—"

"Lily,"

"No like ... he's not telling us something." I stared at her for a moment, understanding what she was saying exactly. "He's never told you about his job has he? And what about his sister? Why haven't you met her yet? Do you even know her name? And where did all these diseases come from? People aren't just born with some of the mental diseases he has. You may think you're getting into that head of his and you think you can fix him but you don't even know about the beginning. Where are his parents? Are they dead? What are their names? Where did he grow up? You don't know anything Diana and that really scares me."