Pregnant?

Aeron

I woke the next morning with a throbbing headache and burst my eyes open in panic when I didn't feel Diana's body next to mine. I lifted myself onto my elbows and looked around the room. She wasn't anywhere to be found. I got up and brushed my teeth and took my medication. I then slipped into my jeans from yesterday and pulled over a black turtleneck. I went downstairs in socks and found a few family members drinking coffee and enjoying themselves with what looked like leftovers from the grand dinner that I missed last night. I walked over and made myself a cup of coffee.

"He's awake!" Diana's dad said. Her mother and a few others chuckled.

"Where's Diana?" I asked.

"She's rehearsing with her cousins and sisters." I nodded and took a sip of my coffee. I asked for ice and I received some for my head. I went to the family room and sat down on the large leather couch they had and held the ice to my head and looked at recent messages on my phone.

There were a few business offers and I agreed to take them. Two next week and a few others for next month. I needed a few weeks to get some of the jobs done because they required me to spy and stock my targets.

Diana was soon done with rehearsals and wanted to go on a walk with me along the bank of a river the house was by.

I had my arm wrapped around her shoulders as she just simply folded her arms and cuddled into my chest. There was a slight breeze but we had each other's warmth.

"Thanks for taking me on a walk," she began, "I know you're still sick with the fever and the hangover but this means a lot to me." She looked up at me and I smiled.

"Of course, besides, you won't stay in your room with me all the time so I guess I have to resort to taking you away from your family and on a walk where I can have you all to myself." She giggled and I pecked her cheek.

"I love you," she simply said with a wonderful tease to it.

"Not as much as I love you," even after a month of dating I felt like I had the world. I didn't care if we sounded sappy in love—call it the honeymoon phase for all I care—but I don't plan on ever falling out of love with the girl that saved me.

"And how could you know that?"

I stopped walking. "Because I want to say 'I love you' all the damn time. And guess what?"

"Mh?"

"I freaked out this morning when you weren't in my arms." She rolled her eyes.

"It's not like you'd want me to move in with you."

"No!" I said too quickly.

"Wait, why not?" I shrugged and tried to act casual. Because I'm a psychotic murderer who enjoys his job killing people that he doesn't even know but loves the thrill. And has a bunch of weapons in his closet.

"Be—because! I—I don't want you to get mixed up with the work I do. You understand. And living with Lily will be good for you since you're both cousins and have school together. I on the other hand would be leaving you lonely in that gloomy house for hours while I went and took care of a job."

"Forget it," she walked off and I followed her.

"Baby I'm sorry,"

"No, I get it, it's way too soon to even be thinking about living with one another."

"Then why are you upset?"

"I'm not,"

"Yes you are." I grabbed her shoulder and yanked her to turn around.