Twin Brother?

Diana

It was finally Saturday and I was ready to go see a movie with Frederick. I didn't want to admit it but Frederick can be weird sometimes but I like the attention he's giving me. I know it's bad to use a boy but I do find myself liking parts of him.

Hunter has been over every day visiting with Lily. I walked in on them making-out but they didn't stop. I felt disgusted by their snobbish way of ignoring any decency but first felt jealous that I didn't have that with someone of my own.

I believed in the man making the first moves, and Frederick had done everything I've expected of him. He's most likely going to try and be the one to kiss me.

I asked Hunter what Frederick was into and what I should wear. He said I had the same body build as my cousin so encouraged jeans, most likely to show off a fit bum; a tight shirt, to show off my perky chest; and TOMS. I pulled my hair back again into a bun but allowed some of it to hang. Hunter admitted that he didn't know what Frederick looked for in women and to not worry about it. I did.

"Okay, he'll be here any minute, how do I look?" I asked my cousin and her boyfriend.

"Super cute," Lily said, and Hunter showed his agreement. I stood around staring at the clock. Once it hit five Frederick wasn't here.

My cousin and her boyfriend noticed too.

"Maybe he's just running a little late," I suggested. I waited another ten minutes. Then fifteen. Then it was already 5:40. I kept glancing at my phone but he hadn't sent me any warning texts of being late or not being able to hang out tonight. Hunter texted Frederick but he wasn't receiving any response either.

"I'll call him," Hunter said. But Frederick wasn't picking up. I felt my face flush and my stomach twist. I've been stood up. For the first time in my life I was actually stood up.

I went to my room and Lily called after me. I ignored her and slammed my door. I pulled my phone out and texted a coworker from work that I was able to cover them tonight for the closing shift. I got out of my nice outfit and dressed in black pants and a regular t-shirt. I walked back out of my room but ignored my cousin. I slammed the door to the apartment and went to work on my bicycle.

I came into work wiping at my face to hide my tear stained cheeks. I kept my head low and pulled my visor over my eyes. There were only two other people at work but we all three kept to ourselves. They stayed on their phones as I just thought about what I could've done wrong. Or if the stupid boy was just pulling my leg. Maybe he never actually liked me. Maybe he saw me in the library and thought to himself, "haha, this will be fun," . Or maybe I scared him away ... .

The bell on the door rang and I got up from behind the counter and turned on the register. I kept my head low until I heard the voice of the customer.

I looked up and my eyes widened. Frederick! His hair was slicked back and he didn't have his glasses on. He was also wearing black jeans and a black leather vest over a black sweatshirt. He looked like a completely different person but anyone could tell that it was him from the color of his beautiful blue eyes and his dark hair that flowed wonderfully over his ears. And that olive skin that made him look like the sun hadn't kissed him in a while.

I blushed but took the redness in my face as being mad and angry.

"Hey!" I interrupted his order. He looked at me rudely and clenched the one earbud he had pulled from one of his ears.

"Can I help you?" There was a difference in this Frederick than the other. His tone was full of irritability.

"You—you," now I was really red, "you didn't call or text me or even show up!"